+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The 8 Cup finals

I've said we've been ****ed since August.

It's only gotten worse.

It has been the top of the Club that has created a negative space, but it is the players who have ultimately destroyed us this season.

It's been recruitment, abysmal keepers, not replacing Fuchs, butcher, getting rid of Clark and watt and replacing them with no one. Flawed right through spine of the side. I imagine the players when they got back with the pack in see December/Jan were thinking now when are the reinforcements arriving. Can also imagine when our keeper keeps conceding the sort of routine shots ours does, the whole morale just sinks even lower.

Quote Originally Posted by Mecca_Sheikh View Post
    I've said we've been ****ed since August.

It's only gotten worse.

It has been the top of the Club that has created a negative space, but it is the players who have ultimately destroyed us this season.
    Unlike the previous doon season when i thought we were doon by September, i have not yet given up hope that there is something that can change to save us. 3 big games ahead, lets get this fecking done!

8 cup finals to save our season. It has been a disastrous season so far, especially as it promised so much at the start. However, this is our team and there is still hope, and we live in hope starting with the next game.
    For these remaining games, we the supporters must come and give full support to our team home and away; get right behind the team, and maybe we will avoid the drop.
    Come on United.

We can talk all day about various players etc. But........... The reason we ended up where we did last season was Benji. Lost count of the crucial saves he made in loads of games.

The team we have now, is no better or worse than last season, but strikers score goals, and keepers make saves. (well, apert fae oorz)

Quote Originally Posted by Yeats 62 View Post
    We can talk all day about various players etc. But........... The reason we ended up where we did last season was Benji. Lost count of the crucial saves he made in loads of games.

The team we have now, is no better or worse than last season, but strikers score goals, and keepers make saves. (well, apert fae oorz)
    You surely cannot hand on heart say that the team is no worse than last season. Carson, Benji, Clark, Butcher, Watt all allowed to depart, Graham and Mulgrew hardly featuring with Fletcher and Ayina thankfully the only ones to really show some semblance of a replacement for players lost. Then bringing in some utter garbage in the most important position while apparently missing out on a decent keeper is exactly why we are here.

Still wondering why ive not yet given up hope!

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    You surely cannot hand on heart say that the team is no worse than last season. Carson, Benji, Clark, Butcher, Watt all allowed to depart, Graham and Mulgrew hardly featuring with Fletcher and Ayina thankfully the only ones to really show some semblance of a replacement for players lost. Then bringing in some utter garbage in the most important position while apparently missing out on a decent keeper is exactly why we are here.

Still wondering why ive not yet given up hope!
    I get what your saying yeah, fair point. (but... there is a but)

But............ there were loads of folk moanin' about Clark not scoring enough ( played out of position, true) Butcher being better as a centre half. (not happy playing there, too close to Benji obviously) and as for Watt , his attitude absolutely stinks. I honestly don't think the pool of players we have now is much worser (sic) than last season. (keeper aside)

I can't honestly say I will put my hand on my heart when discussing United , coz it might be beating a wee bit fest these days just thinking about it, and I don't want to keel ower jist yit..

..and here is where the problem lies! Football is not a game about individuals, it's about building a team, it's about creating partnerships. Our recruitment has been abysmal. Butcher, Watt, Benji, Clark...they should have all been pretty simple to get improvements in. You ask Levitt what he needs to play his best football...and you find a player that suits. You ask Fletcher what suits his type of play...and you go and get it in. The warning signs should have been there since we tried to kill Lawrence Shanklands career when we didn't get the players around him to create the chances...if you don't get the right balance and partnerships...you will never get a team. Andy Webster and Gary Kenneth being a good example . Kenneth was never the greatest footballer but with the partnership that he formed with Webster, he went on to play a key part in that united team. Recruitment these days looks like its a game of football manager where you only look at stats and not the player.

You make an incredibly complicated thing sound easy but it's not. You are right though, recruitment has let us down big time. We have some good individuals in the team but we don't have a team and the goalkeeper, urg.

...it is though! Livi can do it on a much smaller budget.....St Mirren can do it on a much smaller budget...in fact most teams in the league can do it with a much smaller budget! Our signings and the January transfer window have shown that the staff we have in charge of recruitment, are not up to standard! The goalkeeping situation is the biggest headscrather....we have a poor keeper....so we got rid of the only competition that he has and made him a certain starter every week! Someone should have been sacked for that bit of business!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)