+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New school in Dundee

New school in Dundee

Cost of build has went from £60 million to £100 million in 2 years.

Wonder how much the retail park stadium has went up by in the last 6 or 7?

And I wonder if the rent will mirror this?

I wonder what the figure would have to get to before people admit it's safer and more cost effective to look after what you've already got.......IE Dens.

We are a million miles away from being a well run club that can balance the books but there are people out there who think that this will make it all better, good luck to them with their sums.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Cost of build has went from £60 million to £100 million in 2 years.

Wonder how much the retail park stadium has went up by in the last 6 or 7?

And I wonder if the rent will mirror this?

I wonder what the figure would have to get to before people admit it's safer and more cost effective to look after what you've already got.......IE Dens.
    From memory the original price quoted was £20 million and about a year ago it was stated in the press that the new stadium for Dundee Football Club would cost between £40 million and £50 million.
    Goodness knows where the money will come from to build the stadium alone especially as the bank rate (previously known as the minimum lending rate) in December 2021 was 0.1% and now it is currently 4.25%.
    I remember Nelms last year stating in an interview that Dark Blue Property Holdings Limited (DBPHL) could easily borrow money from financiers in London for any shortfall they have in funding for the new stadium development.
    If that is the case then why did DBPHL borrow money from a finance company based in the Isle of Man when they could have easily borrowed the money from financiers in the City of London.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    From memory the original price quoted was £20 million and about a year ago it was stated in the press that the new stadium for Dundee Football Club would cost between £40 million and £50 million.
    Goodness knows where the money will come from to build the stadium alone especially as the bank rate (previously known as the minimum lending rate) in December 2021 was 0.1% and now it is currently 4.25%.
    I remember Nelms last year stating in an interview that Dark Blue Property Holdings Limited (DBPHL) could easily borrow money from financiers in London for any shortfall they have in funding for the new stadium development.
    If that is the case then why did DBPHL borrow money from a finance company based in the Isle of Man when they could have easily borrowed the money from financiers in the City of London.
    Maybe they got a better interest rate from from a finance company on Isle Of Man than another company in London?

Just Googled cost of a £60k mortgage for 25 years at 4%. Cost is about £300 per month. Multiply that by 1000 to make the loan £60m. That £300k per month or £3.6m per year. Admit it is back of fag packet maths but how on earth is our education department able to find £3.6m when they can't afford to employ teachers?

Also if you apply the logic, which I am prepared to accept is wrong and therefore open to correction, how on earth can we afford Campy?
    Cost £20m £100k per month, and an additional £50k per month for every £10m of increased cost.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Just Googled cost of a £60k mortgage for 25 years at 4%. Cost is about £300 per month. Multiply that by 1000 to make the loan £60m. That £300k per month or £3.6m per year. Admit it is back of fag packet maths but how on earth is our education department able to find £3.6m when they can't afford to employ teachers?

Also if you apply the logic, which I am prepared to accept is wrong and therefore open to correction, how on earth can we afford Campy?
    Cost £20m £100k per month, and an additional £50k per month for every £10m of increased cost.
    Although I don't want to move there, I'm all ears waiting on an explanation of how much it will cost the football club and the hundred and one what if scenarios that go along with it.

Unfortunately the man with the plan speaks only once a year on Groundhog day, saying the same ****e he has been for nearly a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Although I don't want to move there, I'm all ears waiting on an explanation of how much it will cost the football club and the hundred and one what if scenarios that go along with it.

Unfortunately the man with the plan speaks only once a year on Groundhog day, saying the same ****e he has been for nearly a decade.
    Agree. I am hoping that perhaps putting up possible scenarios might be helpful.

Looks to me like close on £10M has been done so far and the recovery plan involves moving to another table where the stakes and the potential rewards are higher. A successful team, a well run club and balanced books are what I think most people would settle for.
    Chasing.

Think the successful team seems to me to be the key, with sensible financial management. Used to believe that the Campy project was all about creating revenue streams that could not be created using Dens but now I don't read much positive comment about this possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Maybe they got a better interest rate from from a finance company on Isle Of Man than another company in London?
    According to the SohoGreen website the borrowing rates are between 0.75% and 2% per month which equates to between 9% and 24% per annum.
    The same SohoGreen website is offering investors between 6% and 10% on their investment.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)