+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Season tickets

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    Season ticket sales make all the difference re managers budget, so if you can afford it then go for it
    How can you be sure that the season ticket sales make all the difference to the manager’s budget.
    The 1893 Foundation if it had been set up correctly could have ensured that the money raised went directly into the manager’s playing budget and not the Club’s bank account to be spent on anything.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    How can you be sure that the season ticket sales make all the difference to the manager’s budget.
    The 1893 Foundation if it had been set up correctly could have ensured that the money raised went directly into the manager’s playing budget and not the Club’s bank account to be spent on anything.
    What do you think they use to come up with the budget, pie sales

Please enlighten me on how the 1893 foundation if set up correctly could have ensured that money raised went directly into the managers playing budget.

Quote Originally Posted by thegen65 View Post
    Please enlighten me on how the 1893 foundation if set up correctly could have ensured that money raised went directly into the managers playing budget.
    I suggest that you take a look at the Ayr United FC website and the Aberdeen FC website where you will read how money raised by supporters goes directly into the manager’s playing budget.
    The AU500 fund states that all the money raised by the fund goes directly to the manager’s playing budget and he receives the money monthly.
    Importantly the AU500 scheme has a separate bank account with the Sorting Code and Account number listed on the Ayr United FC website.
    It also quotes the IPan number for overseas donations.
    The accepts monthly donations and one off donations.
    The AberDNA fund raising scheme donates all the money raised to the manager’s playing budget to try to help him compete with Rangers and Celtic in the Premier League.
    I do not know how much is currently being raised by the AberDNA scheme but the last time I looked in 2019 it had raised £900,000 in a season.
    Back in September 2019 there was a topic about this subject on the Dark Blues Forum website.
    I carried out research about fans fundraising schemes and discovered details about the Ayr United FC and the AberDNA scheme.
    I told Bob Hynd who was the Dee4life secondary representative on the Dundee Football Club board of directors about the AberDNA scheme which raised the most money and suggested that Dundee Football Club set up a similar scheme.
    Bob said that he would speak to John Nelms about it and that was the last I heard about it until the 1893 Foundation was announced.
    In September 2019 I was a Dee4life official volunteer with my remit being banking and fundraising.

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    What do you think they use to come up with the budget, pie sales
    The sponsors of the players listed on the Dundee Football Club website is still listing the sponsors of players during the 2021-22 season.
    Dee4life are still listed as sponsoring Sean Byrne and Paul McGowan despite not sponsoring any players this season (2022-23).
    Niall McGinn, Derek Osei and Joe Grayson are still listed in the enclosed list of First Team players on the Dundee Football Club website despite having left the club during the January 2023 transfer window with Joe Grayson leaving in December 2022. https://dundeefc.co.uk/team/first-team/
    Last edited by islaydarkblue; 04-04-2023 at 10:59 PM.

The sponsors of the players listed on the Dundee Football Club website is still listing the sponsors of players during the 2021-22 season.
    Dee4life are still listed as sponsoring Sean Byrne and Paul McGowan despite not sponsoring any players this season (2022-23).
    Niall McGinn, Derek Osei and Joe Grayson are still listed in the enclosed list of First Team players on the Dundee Football Club website despite having left the club during the January 2023 transfer window with Joe Grayson leaving in December 2022. https://dundeefc.co.uk/team/first-team/
    I think this is a valid criticism. Either our club has failed to monetise player sponsorship or out club has failed to update the sponsorship support. Either way it is poor engagement with our fans. Why would anyone think that this was an acceptable way to behave ?

Fair points and a damning inictment on the running of the club generally but, as asked by JDFC, what do you think they use to come up with the budget? Pie Sales?.

Certainly not player sponsorship.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    I think this is a valid criticism. Either our club has failed to monetise player sponsorship or out club has failed to update the sponsorship support. Either way it is poor engagement with our fans. Why would anyone think that this was an acceptable way to behave ?
    Because someone has got away with it for nearly a decade.

The ordinary fan, other supporters groups and other "partners" are not significant......thats why they think it's acceptable.

Absolute nonsense. If you check McCowan, Sweeney, Cameron, and Marshall, they are all up to date with current sponsor, I’ve checked it with him. Obviously players have left the club, but that’s no big problem IMO.
    You just like to beat up the club and Nelms, at every opportunity. In fact your hatred of Nelms is totally irrational.

Quote Originally Posted by BP33 View Post
    Absolute nonsense. If you check McCowan, Sweeney, Cameron, and Marshall, they are all up to date with current sponsor, I’ve checked it with him. Obviously players have left the club, but that’s no big problem IMO.
    You just like to beat up the club and Nelms, at every opportunity. In fact your hatred of Nelms is totally irrational.
    I know that Dee4life sponsored Sean Byrne and Paul McGowan last season and they have not sponsored any players this season as they had offered to pay for the cost of installing E ticketing scheme into Dens Park last September (2022) but the management of Dundee Football Club turned them down.
    You should be asking yourself why Sandeman Properties Limited had Trade debtors of £65,460 listed in the their annual accounts for the year ending 31st July 2022.
    This is the first time that Sandeman Properties Limited have had ‘Debtors’ listed in their annual accounts since they purchased the title deeds for Dens Park in 2009 for £500,000 from Lloyds Banking Group. (Source Companies House).

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)