+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The next American to step onto the surface of the Moon.

The next American to step onto the surface of the Moon.

According to NASA the next American to step onto the surface of the Moon will not be a white man. The first American to step onto the surface of the Moon since 14th December 1972 will be a non-white man or a woman of any colour.

The colour of their skin or gender shouldn't be important as long as they are the right person for the job,why have they stated this 6EQ? I hope that political correctness isn't creeping into space exploration now

Sounds ideal for Suella Braverman's plans.

A one way ticket to the Moon rather than Rwanda.

I bet she's on the phone to NASA now.

https://www.nasa.gov/specials/artemis-ii/

Of course its political correctness, racism on the moon. When whoever sticks a flag in the moon it will have black lives matter on it.

Quote Originally Posted by howoldboy View Post
    Sounds ideal for Suella Braverman's plans.

A one way ticket to the Moon rather than Rwanda.

I bet she's on the phone to NASA now.

https://www.nasa.gov/specials/artemis-ii/
    Going by the link there's a 50/50 chance that the next astronaut on the moon will be black or a woman but surely the Commander is going to be miffed if it's not him

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey View Post
    Going by the link there's a 50/50 chance that the next astronaut on the moon will be black or a woman but surely the Commander is going to be miffed if it's not him
    That crew is for the upcoming mission that will orbit the moon and then return to Earth.

The mission after that is Artemis III which will land on the Moon. All that we know is that the first person that sets foot on the surface of the Moon will not be a white man. It is almost certain that more than one person on that mission will walk on the surface of the Moon, probably concurrently.

It is likely that the Commander will not actually get down to the Moon. I believe that such was the case in the original manned Moon landing missions. One person has to stay in control of the actual craft that is orbiting the Moon whilst the Lunar Module is detached and travels to the surface, lands and eventually ascends back to the orbiting craft.
    Last edited by 6EQUJ5; 04-04-2023 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 6EQUJ5 View Post

It is likely that the Commander will not actually get down to the Moon. I believe that such was the case in the original manned Moon landing missions. One person has to stay in control of the actual craft that is orbiting the Moon whilst the Lunar Module is detached and travels to the surface
    If I was the commander I would argue that was the pilots job and I'm going to walk on the moon coz I'm in charge once lift off happens

You know the astronaut that didn't walk on the moon in '69,did he ever get the chance to do so in other missions

I was wrong. Certainly on the first manned Moon landing the Commander, Neil Armstrong, and the Lunar Module pilot, Buzz Aldrin, walked on the Moon whilst pilot Michael Collins flew the Command Module in lunar orbit.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_11

Michael Collins never walked on the Moon. The first Moon landing mission was his second and final space flight.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Collins_(astronaut)
    Last edited by 6EQUJ5; 04-04-2023 at 03:47 PM.

Exactly! Once lift off had happened and the Armstrong was in charge of the craft it would be...

"Collins,sit back down in the driver's seat coz you're not going anywhere and Aldrin get the f­uck behind me you glory grabbing b­astard I'm first"

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)