+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Whisky Thread

My brother is an avid whisky collector. Has dozens of bottles and even has casks of the stuff sitting in various distillieries throughout Scotland.

When he wa getting divorced around 12 years ago, I got a call around three in the morning (he worked in China at the time), asking me to get around to his house and save his whisky, as his ex was enroute to the country to smash every last bottle of it after she found out the daft bugger had been cheating on her for years.

The whisky was saved, but she went full tonto on the rest of his belongings.

Mrs Masons best friend does a whisky tour on islay & we’ve just sampled a bottled that retails at £1400

Tasted like whisky

I've never gotten on with rum, dinna ken why.
    My limit wi it is in a toddy, win honey, when smorin '.

I wish I did like whisky but I just don't. I feel bad when the topic comes up abroad and the damn foreigners know more about the stuff than me. I still hold my head high when I tell them I like a honey JD and lemonade.

I mentioned it on here a while back but now can't remember what the bottle was (no doubt some peaty little number) but my brother in law cracked it open one night. It smelt like burnt plastic and tasted like burnt plastic.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12