+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrexham (A)

https://www.youtube.com/live/fVrZJZj9lo4?feature=share

Featuring another arrogant Rectum fan.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 07-04-2023 at 01:26 AM. Reason: Attempted to embed video in vain

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Well, lets hope he plays JOB then..
    We will learn a few bits from todays selection and substitutions later in the game on who starts Monday. I think he will go palmer, job, Bostock and Ruben Monday, might be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by BCnotts18 View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/live/fVrZJZj9lo4?feature=share

Featuring another arrogant Rectum fan.
    I got bored listening to him and turned it off

Wrexham seem to have a lot of players these days that we didn't play against in the home game so it's not like we can take much from that game.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    I got bored listening to him and turned it off

Wrexham seem to have a lot of players these days that we didn't play against in the home game so it's not like we can take much from that game.
    Both teams have improved since that first game. I don’t need to listen or watch this clip to know that some Wrexham fans think they are better because they have recruited some excellent players for this level since that game. We have improved due to being better coached. Both teams in that respect have improved.
    The difference for me now is the little bit of luck, that rub off the green. It’s nothing to do with brown envelopes etc… we have a stone wall penalty not given in a game we went in to lose, most referees give it (Daggers). Wrexham score a goal that’s the winner when many referees probably give a foul on the keeper (Southend).
    At this stage it’s fine margins that separate the 2 best teams to play in the National League. I hope both are playing in the EFL next season.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    I got bored listening to him and turned it off .
    Me too, he seemed to think he was talking about Manchester City against Notts County rather than bl**dy Wrexham

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Both teams have improved since that first game. I don’t need to listen or watch this clip to know that some Wrexham fans think they are better because they have recruited some excellent players for this level since that game. We have improved due to being better coached. Both teams in that respect have improved.
    The difference for me now is the little bit of luck, that rub off the green. It’s nothing to do with brown envelopes etc… we have a stone wall penalty not given in a game we went in to lose, most referees give it (Daggers). Wrexham score a goal that’s the winner when many referees probably give a foul on the keeper (Southend).
    At this stage it’s fine margins that separate the 2 best teams to play in the National League. I hope both are playing in the EFL next season.
    Absolutely 100% spot on

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    It’s clearly a very tough game and I expect Fridays results to certainly dictate how Wrexham play. On the basis both win there’s no way PP will come out gung ho, he’d obviously rip someone’s hand off for a draw if we both win Friday.
    It’s just a crazy season, 2nds looking the most likely but in the same breath it’s not inconceivable we could be top by 3 points come Monday night, well we can dream.
    Well well Matt Magpie, i thought you was crazy, and was going to ask you what you was drinking when you made this statement
    Now with Wrexhams surprise loss at Halifax haha, on Monday night we could be top by 3 points , how quickly things can change

There's always twists and turns in football and surprises and the Halifax win today plus us winning 3-0 to go top at Easter means the pendulum has swung just that bit in our favour. It's more a psychological swing.

We've simply got to go to Wrexham and try and get the win. It's the only game that we can have a direct impact on their season and results from now until the end of the season.

Todays' defeat may affect them psychologically because they've been knocked off top spot. The game in hand doesn't matter at the moment because they face us next. It means that their fans will be nervous if not more so than ours on Monday and that might be felt around the ground.

I said earlier in this thread that Wrexham have their weaknesses and something happened in the Halifax game that exposed them. That game will be ideal material for Luke Williams and the staff to study and see where we can exploit them.

Of course the defeat may draw a response out of them on Monday, but if we can go there and frustrate them and cause their crowd anxiety early on then that will really put the pressure on them.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    It’s clearly a very tough game and I expect Fridays results to certainly dictate how Wrexham play. On the basis both win there’s no way PP will come out gung ho, he’d obviously rip someone’s hand off for a draw if we both win Friday.
    It’s just a crazy season, 2nds looking the most likely but in the same breath it’s not inconceivable we could be top by 3 points come Monday night, well we can dream.
    To quote Bon Jovi:

"Woah, we're halfway there..."

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Well well Matt Magpie, i thought you was crazy, and was going to ask you what you was drinking when you made this statement
    Now with Wrexhams surprise loss at Halifax haha, on Monday night we could be top by 3 points , how quickly things can change
    Have to say I was being optimistic but fully believed Wrexham had at least one loss in them. We couldn’t have asked for better timing for the loss too, fingers and toes crossed for Monday now.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast