+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrexham (A)

Some unwarranted pessimism on this thread I reckon. We’ve stuck with them for the whole season despite their unprecedented ability to replace injured players with people from 2 leagues up. Despite that they’re only in the box seat because of a freak defeat we suffered in a game we could easily have won by 3 or 4 goals.

Tough game no doubt but they’re only marginal favourites because they’re at home. We blew them away for the first half an hour at our place, and although they’re a better team now, so are we. We just have to play our normal game, defend the set pieces/long throws and cut out any silly errors at the back. I’m sure LW will have detailed plans for this one. In a tight game we have the best striker in the league. As big as it is, what happens next is just as important. If Wrexham lose they might feel extra pressure in the tough looking games that follow. If we don’t win, we’ve got three games to get our form up for the playoffs. Exciting stuff.

Obviously we have to beat Wealdstone first.

... spot on BFP

BFP's last line is the most important, we have to beat Wealdstone first.
    If we take our eye off of the ball, Monday will mean nothing.
    I'm hoping that the Halifax pitch takes it out of Wrexhams legs, and we can have enough possesion against them to make that show.
    We really have everything to gain and nothing to lose as we are effectively 6 points behind.

As seems likely we finish 2nd It will still be great to beat them twice esp on their ground.
    So lets beat Wealdstone first I hope the sad occasion doesn't have a negative effect on the players.

Quote Originally Posted by since41 View Post
    As seems likely we finish 2nd It will still be great to beat them twice esp on their ground.
    So lets beat Wealdstone first I hope the sad occasion doesn't have a negative effect on the players.
    I think the players will be fired up after the sad news

The referee for the game has been announced at Scott Tallis, who most recently officiated our game at Bromley, in which he gave them two debatable penalties.

Hopefully he's been to specsavers since.

Quote Originally Posted by BCnotts18 View Post
    The referee for the game has been announced at Scott Tallis, who most recently officiated our game at Bromley, in which he gave them two debatable penalties.

Hopefully he's been to specsavers since.
    I'll expect Mullin Pen to grab a goal then!!

3-1 Notts.

Personally I would rather they win the league than suffer the lottery of the play offs. What a downer this place has become when we have nearly 100 points and a GD in the 60's.

Anyone who has read this message board for any reasonable period of time will be fully aware that negatively runs through its veins, and is evident to any reader at almost every opportunity.

However, predicting we won't win a game when we are going to the only side above us in the table who have an almost unfathomable perfect home record this season (Pl 20, W 19, D 1 , L0) is not the right time to call NCM a 'downer' IMO.

There have been an almost endless supply of other more appropriate times to label it such than this lol

Need to make 💯% sure of any tackles in an around the penalty area, as we know Tom Daley will fall over if you blow on him.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast