+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Latest relegation odds

If i remember correctly Motherwell brought in 7 players and a new manager in January,they were in free fall before that and it looked like we could finish above them.Then we got the dreaded news that Foxy and Tony were happy with our NO1,no new players were required,Tony's my man and the board have confidence in the head coach.

The rest as they say will go down in DUFC's history.

I should have added to the above that a whole team of players were allowed to go out on loan including Tony Watt,its as if the people in charge fancied another stay in the lower league's.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    I should have added to the above that a whole team of players were allowed to go out on loan including Tony Watt,its as if the people in charge fancied another stay in the lower league's.
    I think a few at the club got their bets in early before our odds tumbled. Absolute criminal negligence by those in charge, we are down no f@cking doubt about it. There's not a chance we will get enough points with that f@cking shambolic c@nt in goal. We are an embarrassment and deserve to play at a lower level next season. Our fans however deserve a hell of a lot more!

I totally agree regarding the fans. We have backed the team to the hilt through out covid and during this season when the players haven't deserved it. The January window was awful and Ogren stating Tony Is my man...and chosing to not listen to the fans, was a massive kick in the teeth. I honestly think nothing would have happened if there hadn't been the threat of removal of funds and boycotts. The fans deserve so much more from the club and from the players.

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    I honestly think nothing would have happened if there hadn't been the threat of removal of funds and boycotts.
    100% this. If Ogren hadn't come over when he did, and the AGM hadn't been planned for that exact time, nothing would've changed.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Some interesting stats on P&B today that i was told about,apparently we are one point behind where the Funsters were at the same point last season and we are 14 points worse off than where we were at this stage last year.Without exaggeration i reckon at least 10 of them points are down to the difference between Benji and The Indian Crisp.
    Absolutely and without a doubt, not having a half decent keeper has crippled us this season and probably a lot to do with how poor the defence has been, none look confident in each other and the more the mistakes happened the worse it got. Not having a true leader has also been a major factor, and by that I mean on and off the field. Like you, the capitulation against the fiddlers scunnered me and I haven’t been the least bit interested since, and that’s a first in my 48 years following United.

Relegation-wise, much as it pains me tae say, yer nae totally doomed.

Ross Co will prob scrape their regular home point v The Famous AFC, and get a hidin' fae the Jam Tarts.
    Killie will get nothin' fae Celtic nor St Midden.

Which will see them each on 28 points.

Ah dinna fancy yer chances v Murderwell, but, beat Livi, and ye can look forward tae the play affs - on goal difference ... Ah'm tempted tae say 'good luck' but Ah dinna like tellin fibs

Average prices today to finish 12th,

County 11/8

United 2/1

Killie 5/2

Average oddschecker prices today to finish bottom......

County 1/2

United 9/2

Killie 9/2

ST Johnstone 14/1

At least this week we have managed to drag Perth manure into the equation.There still remains every chance we are playing a play off but that's better than many expected.

Ach, bookies odds mean f*ck all really when teams are still picking up points. That said, County do look doomed.

Current form has the bottom six finishing like so. Let's hope current form continues. 🤞🏼

Livi 48
    Well 43
    Utd 41
    Killie 38
    Saints 35
    County 30

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)