+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cooper off and Reading deducted 6 points

"We have a load of cast offs available. The gloves are off, come shopping."

Can we have Brennan Johnson on a free please

Personally I've been hoping that the so called ''big clubs!!!!????" in the PL duck off to some Super League asap. If it's not Pep 'Mardy' Guardiola telling everyone how good he is, 'Wingebag' Klopp moaning all refs hate Liverpool or Frank 'It's Not Fair That I'm A Crap Manager' Lampard saying his players don't do what he tells them it's that bloody VAR taking an hour and half to decide if the bloke who 'scored' was offside because he didn't cut his big toe nail before the match.
    To see teams like Forest, Everton, Leeds, Southampton and yes us crawling around in the murky waters for scraps where those """big clubs""" piss is just bollox!! And then there's the scramble to play in Europe, cor we're in the Conference league next season!!! Big ducking deal!! Then there's Chelsea, play crap all season and then reward the fans for putting up with the garbage by raising prices by 25%!
    Sorry, but I'll put up with L1!!

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    Personally I've been hoping that the so called ''big clubs!!!!????" in the PL duck off to some Super League asap. If it's not Pep 'Mardy' Guardiola telling everyone how good he is, 'Wingebag' Klopp moaning all refs hate Liverpool or Frank 'It's Not Fair That I'm A Crap Manager' Lampard saying his players don't do what he tells them it's that bloody VAR taking an hour and half to decide if the bloke who 'scored' was offside because he didn't cut his big toe nail before the match.
    To see teams like Forest, Everton, Leeds, Southampton and yes us crawling around in the murky waters for scraps where those """big clubs""" piss is just bollox!! And then there's the scramble to play in Europe, cor we're in the Conference league next season!!! Big ducking deal!! Then there's Chelsea, play crap all season and then reward the fans for putting up with the garbage by raising prices by 25%!
    Sorry, but I'll put up with L1!!
    Know what you mean...and yet for every Leeds, Everton and Leicester there’s a Brighton or a Brentford and a Luton or a Coventry waiting to take their place. Leicester, if they come down, is a bit of a fluke because they remain Thai family owned and have just underachieved but Everton and Leeds seem to have been as badly run as Brighton, Brentford and, not just in the interests of alliteration, Bournemouth seem to have been well run.
    Personally I’d make the Brighton boss manager of the year despite Pep’s ‘achievements’ and their - Brighton’s - scouting system must be second to none. Hopefully, under Mr. Clowes’ more sensible and realistic ownership, we can begin to emulate them.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    "We have a load of cast offs available. The gloves are off, come shopping."

Can we have Brennan Johnson on a free please
    Have a word with his dad
    I'm sure your silver tongue will persuade him

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Know what you mean...and yet for every Leeds, Everton and Leicester there’s a Brighton or a Brentford and a Luton or a Coventry waiting to take their place. Leicester, if they come down, is a bit of a fluke because they remain Thai family owned and have just underachieved but Everton and Leeds seem to have been as badly run as Brighton, Brentford and, not just in the interests of alliteration, Bournemouth seem to have been well run.
    Personally I’d make the Brighton boss manager of the year despite Pep’s ‘achievements’ and their - Brighton’s - scouting system must be second to none. Hopefully, under Mr. Clowes’ more sensible and realistic ownership, we can begin to emulate them.
    Yearh but look on the bright side.
    That shiny new Everton stadium to look forward to

Seriously though. We must have players even you'd get more out of.
    Mansfield have just signed Swan from us. Young lad and really talented. But his chances of bursting into this team are nil.
    Even loans for example.
    You had Mc Goldrick, but a Lyle Taylor would be much more apt. He's 33 and would burst that division

They did stay up but after breaking records on buying players they should be, it's still fell short of the challenging for honours that was promised and European football that their fans claimed they would get. Might happen next season though but they will need to spend big again

Quote Originally Posted by SithHappens View Post
    They did stay up but after breaking records on buying players they should be, it's still fell short of the challenging for honours that was promised and European football that their fans claimed they would get. Might happen next season though but they will need to spend big again
    Big clear out, no doubt.
    Quality costs money, no question.

Just remember , 18 months ago, we were bottom of the Championship.
    Folks forget that promoted side, was 50% loans and young inexperianced kids,
    Spending was no other option.

European football, was too much for any deluded fan to ask for.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Big clear out, no doubt.
    Quality costs money, no question.

Just remember , 18 months ago, we were bottom of the Championship.
    Folks forget that promoted side, was 50% loans and young inexperianced kids,
    Spending was no other option.

European football, was too much for any deluded fan to ask for.
    ... yet they did...

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    ... yet they did...
    True but we all have them............
    I could point you to posts of Derby fans saying promoted by Xmas.

Marinakis has said that's the goal, but no sane person thinks it would happen over night

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    True but we all have them............
    I could point you to posts of Derby fans saying promoted by Xmas.

Marinakis has said that's the goal, but no sane person thinks it would happen over night
    Member of a few Derby forums and never seen any Derby fans saying promoted by Xmas or at all, the consensus was that we were lucky to even have a team so our hastily cobbled together team would do well to finish top 10. But I have no doubt that twitter which tends to attract idiots might have had some unrealistic claims.

I do have talksport on at work and it did regularly have forest fans on bigging it up, calling the huge spending a 'statement'

Anyway assume JLingz will be off ? Will find his level on the championship I think

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)