+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Matchday thread: FGRv Rams aka Will the Rams be for the chop at Vegan Rovers?

We weren't good, they were worse. They had 53% possession. We limited them to 3 shots f which just the one was on target. 14 and 7 for us. NML was, literally off the pace. They put their #11 up against him and their lad was like the proverbial off a shovel. Bad day for midfielders of both sides who will have gone home with neckache from watching the ball fly over their heads. We need to start playing some football as well as the long balls.

Had a great stay at a very nice 16th century coaching inn just 6 miles from FGR. Wonderful countryside, great food, beers and the staff were excellent.

Nice meal in FGR hospitality. Pre match Q&A session with Robbie Savage. I embarrassed him with a question about the pre season friendly in the Hague where he had to travel alone on a later flight because he'd got his wife's passport instead of his own. Had to get a taxi from Schiphol to the Hague. Post game he came over for a chat. That was good but a short while later, following a toilet break I passed the director's lounge and in the doorway was none other than David Clowes. Great 5 minute chat with him and he came across exactly the way you'd expect from reports in the press and from online reports form fans. I did say I wasn't one of those expecting a huge transfer kitty once restrictions were lifted. He neither confirmed nor denied but reading between the lines, I think I'm right.

Grand few days away with Mrs Amster and the 2 lads.

Onwards and upwards.

Sounds great.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    We weren't good, they were worse. They had 53% possession. We limited them to 3 shots f which just the one was on target. 14 and 7 for us. NML was, literally off the pace. They put their #11 up against him and their lad was like the proverbial off a shovel. Bad day for midfielders of both sides who will have gone home with neckache from watching the ball fly over their heads. We need to start playing some football as well as the long balls.

Had a great stay at a very nice 16th century coaching inn just 6 miles from FGR. Wonderful countryside, great food, beers and the staff were excellent.

Nice meal in FGR hospitality. Pre match Q&A session with Robbie Savage. I embarrassed him with a question about the pre season friendly in the Hague where he had to travel alone on a later flight because he'd got his wife's passport instead of his own. Had to get a taxi from Schiphol to the Hague. Post game he came over for a chat. That was good but a short while later, following a toilet break I passed the director's lounge and in the doorway was none other than David Clowes. Great 5 minute chat with him and he came across exactly the way you'd expect from reports in the press and from online reports form fans. I did say I wasn't one of those expecting a huge transfer kitty once restrictions were lifted. He neither confirmed nor denied but reading between the lines, I think I'm right.

Onwards and upwards.
    Sounds like a grand day out and we won, which is the main thing. From what I hear, relations with the EFL are good and talks about next seasons agreed business plan are in progress. there is every chance Derby will be able to pay transfer fees from the summer, but there clearly wont be massive spending, but then thats not required and its all relative to other clubs in the league 1 if thats where we end up, which I think we will.

The way results are currently going we might be in a position to make a piece of history. We might be in a position where we play 3 competitive matches on the spin against the same team. Last league game is against Wendy and they now look more likely to end up 3rd than to get auto.... and of we end up 6th then we play Wendy in game 46 and then the 2 legs of the semi's....

Has that ever happened before?

Onwards and upwards.
    Question for your expert eye, did the move that led to the penalty start with a foul throw?

The way results are currently going we might be in a position to make a piece of history. We might be in a position where we play 3 competitive matches on the spin against the same team. Last league game is against Wendy and they now look more likely to end up 3rd than to get auto.... and of we end up 6th then we play Wendy in game 46 and then the 2 legs of the semi's....

Has that ever happened before?
    I can't help but feel it must have done when FACup matches went to replays and/or when there were two legged Milk Cup ties... but can't cite any examples

Arsenal v Sheffield Wednesday 1979 FACup perhaps

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Arsenal v Sheffield Wednesday 1979 FACup perhaps
    Good spot GP. 5 consecutive games on 6, 9, 15, 17 and 22 January 1979.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)