+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Jim Goodwin.

I think it would be unusual but, yeah. He'll know what the current squad lacks but we need to see what it looks like after the summer really. Hard to see Fletcher and Levitt being here for instance.

The last 4 matches have been hugely disappointing.

I would be willing to let him try and sort this out.

The best realistic option

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    He said (well pretty much) on the radio tonight he'd like to stay. Pretty unusual for a manager that takes a team down to stay on. Honestly I'm not sure but I don't think the problems we've seen recently can really be put at his door.
    Goodwin has come into our club with the problems wholly embedded within. Im actually minded to say the players have yet again thrown their manager under the bus, along with the fantastic support that have backed them yet again!

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    He said (well pretty much) on the radio tonight he'd like to stay. Pretty unusual for a manager that takes a team down to stay on. Honestly I'm not sure but I don't think the problems we've seen recently can really be put at his door.
    I'd let him stay on. It would be good to not have to change manager again. Lets face it he had no chance with this bunch and the lack of options available to him. He'll know whats needed and that should give us a head start which we havent had for a few years. A proper preseason and clearout. He knows how to win the championship too.

For me, I can only imagine that a hell of a lot will depend on who our owner is and what the plan will be moving forward. We are a basket case club and no manager in their right mind is going to want to work under these conditions. I am still holding out that we get a takeover by a United fan with money, Levein as director and Goodwin as manager. We need football men in charge of our club...not someone that thinks its soccerball...and definitely not an ex football agent!
    Unfortunately for that to happen, Ogren is gonna have to just walk away from the club without getting a penny back!

Well I'd say the chance of that happening are slim to none.

Honestly can't believe he'd want to stay on,he must be pulling his hair out watching that gutless shower of 5hite throw in goals right left and centre.

For what it's in imo he really should be given the chance next season to get us back up. Can't see any other alternatives really and he already knows what's needed....a MASSIVE overhaul in the playing staff.

Would be happy with Goodwin. He has had to work with a team that's given up. We need players willing to fight for him and the club and I feel he has the knowledge of that type of player to bring in. Fingers crossed he gets the job soon so he can start the rebuild asap.

I know it’s not very palatable to some and whether he’d come back under the current owner I really don’t know but there’s really only one answer to this and it’s Robbie Neilson. We’re back where we don’t want to be and we certainly don’t want another 4 year jolly. We need somebody that knows what it takes to win that division and get promoted. And that’s Neilson. 100%.
    Last edited by JamesMcClean; 24-05-2023 at 10:52 PM.

The boy’s a fraud. Seriously overrates himself to the point of not being able to see the obvious. His claim of “fixing the defence is the easy part” when he came to us was such a sound bite. He made it worse by signing a no-mark from England (Anthony Stewart) and actually making him captain.
    Your defence has been shipping goals since he joined you (I know you were before).

You should get rid of him now.

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)