+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Jim Goodwin.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    **** Neilson
    If only there was a like button

Quote Originally Posted by arab777 View Post
    If it is not depressing enough people wanting to bring in Robbie Neilson leaving aside the fact he walked out on United for Hearts, his football was sterile and only achieved promotion because the board brought in Shankland to bang in the goals and his first choice centre half Mark Connolly got injured and we stopped leaking goals. I will never forget the fist pump at the end of extra time in the play off with 10 man St Mirren showing no ambition to win the game then the worst set of penalty kicks we have ever seen.
    This. No to Neilson.

I can't see Ogren funding our escape.

Aberdeen fan. Genuinely saddened to see Utd go down. Tannadice away is always a good visit not to mention the Dundee derby games which are always a great watch.

Was astonished that Goodwin was brought in to your club.To me there’s just something about the bloke where the players won’t play for him after a few months of his ‘man management’. I’m also of the belief he would have got Aberdeen relegated had we not sacked him( a few weeks too late when it did eventually happen).
    Hope you lads bounce back soon👍

4 abject defeats in a row, unable to get any kind of reaction from the players whatsoever, no thanks!
    Really? Do you think there is a manager anywhere,at any level that could have got this team of charlatans to suddenly become footballers? They have potentially binned 3 managers in one season. They are 100 % to blame. No heart,no fight,no pride, no talent,not bothered. Just not good enough & no amount of coaching is going to bring out what you aint got
    All the other teams around us have shown they were at least up for it. Most of them play zero football, eye bleeding stuff & bring nothing in terms of support or entertainment but by god they all show way more than us. We have easily been the worst team in this league by miles. Get every last one of them out

Quote Originally Posted by scobiemacd View Post
    Aberdeen fan. Genuinely saddened to see Utd go down. Tannadice away is always a good visit not to mention the Dundee derby games which are always a great watch.

Was astonished that Goodwin was brought in to your club.To me there’s just something about the bloke where the players won’t play for him after a few months of his ‘man management’. I’m also of the belief he would have got Aberdeen relegated had we not sacked him( a few weeks too late when it did eventually happen).
    Hope you lads bounce back soon👍
    Jury still out on Goodwin. He did well at Alloa and St Mirren and at your club up until The World Cup break (he had you 3rd going in to the break). It was after that things took a tumble. For what its worth I've said before Barry Robson had the right ingredients for going in to management and as a former player thought United should have gone for him last year when we knew he was learning the coaching side of the game at Aberdeen. Not surprised how he is doing at Aberdeen.

Quote Originally Posted by Bannons boots View Post
    Really? Do you think there is a manager anywhere,at any level that could have got this team of charlatans to suddenly become footballers? They have potentially binned 3 managers in one season. They are 100 % to blame. No heart,no fight,no pride, no talent,not bothered. Just not good enough & no amount of coaching is going to bring out what you aint got
    All the other teams around us have shown they were at least up for it. Most of them play zero football, eye bleeding stuff & bring nothing in terms of support or entertainment but by god they all show way more than us. We have easily been the worst team in this league by miles. Get every last one of them out
    I don't disagree but I still don't think he's done enough to get the job. The last 4 games we've gone down without a whimper, no fight nothing! I'm sorry but a manager has to get more from his players. He didn't get anything from a better pool of players at Aberdeen either. It's a no from me.

I don't disagree but I still don't think he's done enough to get the job. The last 4 games we've gone down without a whimper, no fight nothing! I'm sorry but a manager has to get more from his players. He didn't get anything from a better pool of players at Aberdeen either. It's a no from me.
    Goodwin said what the fans wanted to hear which is why so many like him.

He has called out errors, hinted at individuals and dropped players . You could argue the case that he lost the dressing room even more than any other manager did given the last 4 games and thats likely due to his comments. The players probably knew what Goodwin thought of them, that their days were numbered and no matter what they did would be shipped out.

Would this squad have done this to every manager? quite likely but what this squad certainly did not need is an openly critical manager giving them even more excuses to down tools.

Ultimately Goodwin, like the others got it wrong but then there was in all likelihood no right with this squad

Its a deffo no for me, he never got a note out players, players are 90% blame, but he need no show more to, we agree on something, get the flagas and banners out.

Don’t get how anyone can blame Goodwin , for me , he done well to keep that shower in contention , says it all 3 different managers in 1 season it’s defo on the players , Ogren and Asghar . Don’t think wee Jim , Fergie or Pep could have done any better with that lot

He has a worse win % than Fox, had 4 more games in charge than Ross (6 more in the league). The other teams doing their worst did more to keep our hopes up than Goodwin did, he has to shoulder some blame. he chose to stick with the keeper and mulgrew. those decisions cost us

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)