+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Jim Goodwin.

Having got us into a position where we have a decent chance of survival it's pretty hard to see him staying if we now go down...

I think what we need to remember is Goodwin came in and took over a team who have twice thrown the towel in this season. A team that took nine off Celtic and four off Ross County. The team was a fractured mess at the point he took over. He now has them fitter, better organised, more disciplined and most importantly, picking up results. Our striker is scoring goals and our defenders are defending better. If we do end up going down, it won't be Goodwins fault or down to the fact he is a sh*t manager. This is still a team of sh*tebags, a team with no leadership and he is trying his very hardest to p*ss with the c*ck that he's been given. I don't know any other manager who could've done better in the current situation when you consider just how bad things were.

Agree totally , if the worst happens Goodwin can his head up , no fault of his and he would defo be the man to get us back up in my opinion , if he wanted job of course

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    I think what we need to remember is Goodwin came in and took over a team who have twice thrown the towel in this season. A team that took nine off Celtic and four off Ross County. The team was a fractured mess at the point he took over. He now has them fitter, better organised, more disciplined and most importantly, picking up results. Our striker is scoring goals and our defenders are defending better. If we do end up going down, it won't be Goodwins fault or down to the fact he is a sh*t manager. This is still a team of sh*tebags, a team with no leadership and he is trying his very hardest to p*ss with the c*ck that he's been given. I don't know any other manager who could've done better in the current situation when you consider just how bad things were.
    Absolutely spot on. Especially the description of the players. Will never forget the humiliation they brought to our club

Did the sheep players not throw the towel in for Goodwin though? Robson has done some job since so there's at least one. I still feel he needs to keep us up to earn the job, let's not forget the quality of opposition we are up against.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Did the sheep players not throw the towel in for Goodwin though? Robson has done some job since so there's at least one. I still feel he needs to keep us up to earn the job, let's not forget the quality of opposition we are up against.
    They did. I'm not sure what that's got to do with my point though? Robson's an interesting one. I've always thought he'd make a good manager. He wouldn't have answered our call though.

I thought Robson was one of the names in the frame before Goodwin took it? Anyway....lets just concentrate on beating County!

They did. I'm not sure what that's got to do with my point though? Robson's an interesting one. I've always thought he'd make a good manager. He wouldn't have answered our call though.
    My point was that Robson took over in a similar situation and was just saying that he's another manager who's done remarkably well since, not suggesting he was an option. Like I've said already, Goodwin is growing on me but in my opinion he has to finish the job or I honestly don't see the clamour to keep him. If we come bottom of this relegation mini league of which we are currently top then that for me is failure. Obviously it goes without saying that I want him to smash it and be here for the long term. This is going to be a horrendous couple of weeks, I f*cking hate football sometimes!

He said (well pretty much) on the radio tonight he'd like to stay. Pretty unusual for a manager that takes a team down to stay on. Honestly I'm not sure but I don't think the problems we've seen recently can really be put at his door.

Looks like he is interested in staying on. I would give him the chance to sort out this feking mess tbh. He came in and tried to resolve the utter clusterphuk created by others. I think he could do ok. Massive clear out and start again.

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)