+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Jim Goodwin.

Jim Goodwin.

It's a bit early to judge JG, but do you think he should stay with us next season? that's if he wants to. If he can keep us up do a clear-out and bring in decent hungry players that would do for me.
    If not who? Thoughts please fellow Arabs?

It's pretty unusual for the manager of a team to stay after a club is relegated so I'd say it's unlikely.

I think a lot will depend on what is happening behind the scenes. We have just as many problems off the pitch as we do on it. It will depend if MO is staying or selling....and it will depend on who the next Tony is.

If he keeps us up (and I think he will) he deserves the job.

Typos and I can't edit em...

Decoration should be speculation.

its a tricky one given he has come in to manage a team sitting bottom of the league and weakened in the January transfer window. I don't think if we don't stay up it should be an automatic no given these circumstances. its a tough job for anyone to come in to. Performances and circumstances of failing to stay up should come in to it. He might be the right man to take us back up. If he does keeps us up of course he should be given the chance.

I would like him to stay on. I think too much is read into what happened at Aberdeen. Yes he had went through a poor spell that ultimately cost him his job, but I think they were still sitting in 3rd spot at the time. Prior to Aberdeen his record was decent and I feel now more than ever has something to prove to his doubters which cant be a bad thing.

I maybe wrong but has JG not already said he wld like to stay on at tannadice?

My post disappeared.

Basically I think he's the first part of a rebuild with the supposed consortium.

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysanarab View Post
    It's a bit early to judge JG, but do you think he should stay with us next season? that's if he wants to. If he can keep us up do a clear-out and bring in decent hungry players that would do for me.
    If not who? Thoughts please fellow Arabs?
    No. I accept he "gives a good interview" but a massive no from me.

I think he could do a good job, but then again football nowadays is a lot of sh!te. We're expected to put our hands in our pockets to watch these so-called footballers play football. When was the last time we had a manager or coach in which you could see small improvements week upon week? I think we fans are taken for granted and we would be better off just signing up and joining the SNP.

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)