+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Who stays. Who goes

Who stays. Who goes

With the end of the season fast approaching and the manager looking to build for next season. Who should stay and who should be shipped out. For me we should be breaking the bank account to sign the keeper on a permanent deal or get a season long loan. Brydon and Hendry along with the lad on loan from hearts. Wilson in midfield and mckechnie and Gibson should be kept. Any thoughts?

You're on the right lines Fatfan, - for sheer effort Ruari Paton should be added, - Euan East if he has better players around him, - Ross Irving and wee Lee, - but only if he's disciplined.

Although for me, Wilson was man of the match last Saturday, (by a country mile) I'm not sure Marvin likes him.

It's tempting to hold onto who we 'think' plays well, but we should leave the manager to decide on who to keep and who to bring in.

Big Marvin will not disappoint when he has to create his own team.

There are so many factors to take into consideration it is not always the clubs choice as to who stays. Marvin said at the AGM he already had new players in mind that he wants to bring in so this is the starter point as they may be replacements for those we think are good enough to offer extended contracts. Stay tuned folks for the continuation of the Marvin journey.

Quote Originally Posted by fatfan View Post
    With the end of the season fast approaching and the manager looking to build for next season. Who should stay and who should be shipped out. For me we should be breaking the bank account to sign the keeper on a permanent deal or get a season long loan. Brydon and Hendry along with the lad on loan from hearts. Wilson in midfield and mckechnie and Gibson should be kept. Any thoughts?
    Luckily Gibson is still under contract for next season. A fully fit Wilson is a must for next year

A fully fit Wilson would not be playing at this level. Therein lies his problem and Marvin's tough regime may not suit him but if treated with kid gloves he is very much an asset to Queens.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    A fully fit Wilson would not be playing at this level. Therein lies his problem and Marvin's tough regime may not suit him but if treated with kid gloves he is very much an asset to Queens.
    He certainly talks tough and although he would not write it the LARGE headline in the Dumfries Courier
    is :-
    LEARN OR LEAVE !

Queens are after Finlay Gray and Kalvin Orsi from Dumbarton.

I don't think big Kevin will be in our budget. Could Charlie Cowie be our number 1 as plenty of young keepers in the League and Championship. I think Logan would be worth persisting with. East is only a maybe for me now. I thought he would have really stood out this season. Not many other defenders on the keep list apart from the signed Brydon.
    Todd and McGrory are again a maybe. I don't think Josh should be captain if he stays. I would keep Cochrane and Wilson.
    I would keep Lee despite a disappointing season. There are goals and assists there. Paton would be obvious but will have plenty of suitors.
    Not great to be looking for so many players but is probably needed.
    We need height, fight and pace.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)