+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Burnley win promotion

Burnley win promotion

Well done to them 👏 well done Alf.
    You have been excellent all season and miles better than most of this god awful league. It will have done you good to have a season down here winning most weeks.
    My favourite season in the past 30 years was down on Div1. We had a similar season to the one you are having now. Winning most weeks, good crowds and lots of decent grounds & places to visit.
    You go back up with a decent manager and side. Hopefully you keep the majority

Oh to support a club heading in the right direction. Well done on the 3 points at Ewood in a few weeks. You will have nothing whatsoever to play for but will take care of us at half pace. We are heading absolutely nowhere as per every season. Predictably bottling it at a pressure stage of the season.

Cheers Champs, been a breeze of fresh air watching the Clarets this season,Kompany has done a great job putting a team of loanees and new signing together.I never thought after we went down we would end up going back up the season after.,in fact I thought the opposite ..It will be interesting to see if we can stay up next season.Rovers seem to have gone off the boil but don't give up hope as you are still in a play off spot.Im sure you will play better when we meet at Ewood,I will be happy with a draw..👍

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Cheers Champs, been a breeze of fresh air watching the Clarets this season,Kompany has done a great job putting a team of loanees and new signing together.I never thought after we went down we would end up going back up the season after.,in fact I thought the opposite ..It will be interesting to see if we can stay up next season.Rovers seem to have gone off the boil but don't give up hope as you are still in a play off spot.Im sure you will play better when we meet at Ewood,I will be happy with a draw..👍
    We are just slightly not good this year t0 make the play offs. I stoll think we will finish around 7th - 9th which is actually a very good return on a season nobody had any huge expectations. You can look at it like we have blown it. I was always surprised we stayed up near the top 6 for so long over a season. We lost half the games we played near enough. But we kept finding wins and that kept us in a healthy position. The goals and creative side of our play has dried up along with our form. And we aren't a side that will grind out draws or scruffy wins. We have an off day when we comceed first. And win & play well when we score first.
    At the moment we look devoid of any creation or spark but a bit of luck can change that and suddenly form & results take another turn. 7 games left and I don't see where the next win is coming. And I think we will need 4 wins to be safely in.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)