+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Hibs (H) 9th Apr

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    It was actually a very good save, all he could do was get in the way which he did.
    I think he was lucky tbh, Paris Hilton never spread herself that wide and players know all they have to do is roll the ball straight at him to score. Got lucky this time and I'm absolutely not going to put that down as a good save.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    I think he was lucky tbh, Paris Hilton never spread herself that wide and players know all they have to do is roll the ball straight at him to score. Got lucky this time and I'm absolutely not going to put that down as a good save.
    Was a horrendous miss from Nisbet, when it was easier to score.
    He seems to kick the ball with his right foot, onto his standing left foot.
    The ball then hits the heel of Pops’ planted right foot.

A lucky, but good save, which he didn’t seem to know an awful lot about.

Name:  B55D00A0-C74B-488E-90EC-6F41F74B4ECE.jpg
Views: 879
Size:  23.9 KB

For the Hibs game, all that mattered was getting 3 points for the reasons already well documented. And we got them!!!

However, I'll take any luck we get eg them hitting the bar, and when was the last time we got a penalty in the 90th minute?

I thought the whole team gave 100% effort and commitment; Aziz was brilliant on the wing, Fletch led the line superbly, and for me Man of the Match was Ayina.

I've now more confident we'll get a result at Motherwell.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Unlike last week, when he dived out the way.
    Don't get me wrong, I still think he's utterly useless. However, credit where it's due, getting in the way is all he could do and he did. Of course, it was an absolute sitter of a miss and should definitely been a goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy_Shimmy View Post
    Was a horrendous miss from Nisbet, when it was easier to score.
    He seems to kick the ball with his right foot, onto his standing left foot.
    The ball then hits the heel of Pops’ planted right foot.

A lucky, but good save, which he didn’t seem to know an awful lot about.

Name:  B55D00A0-C74B-488E-90EC-6F41F74B4ECE.jpg
Views: 879
Size:  23.9 KB
    He's going to need a lot more luck and a lot more saves to convince me, and even then I'll still dislike the c@nt.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Great win yesterday. Not the freak result some were predicting during the week. Their form is pish whilst ours has picked up and our record vs Hibs is fairly decent.

Ayina & Behich were excellent. Mulgrew very suspect at times. Daydreaming for Nisbets early sitter and caught out bad for the goal itself. I was surprised he came straight back in tbh. The two sitters we missed were dreadful. Thankfully they didn't cost us. Four at the back with Behich given freedom to roam worked very well. He's such a better offensive player than he is defensive.

We can go to Motherwell with some confidence, however it'll be a very hard task. Great chance of three points vs Livi though and a chance to be level on points with Killie & County at the split. Worst case scenario, I think we go into the split one point behind both. Killies three home games after the split is a concern however.

All in, a massive three points given Countys win over the Fermers. You can see the team are more organised, more confident. They are clearly fitter than they have been this season. Credit to Goodwin and his staff for this.
    Who mentioned freak results first? Even you cannot deny that our recent form is absolutely pish, so looking at the form table, in a time where Hibs played both Cheeks, and we were throwing games away, i expected a win for us to be a freak result. Thankfully the guys on the pitch put in the effort where a defeat would have been the freak result!

Need to keep it up as Well are flying just now and any points gained will be a bonus!

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    I have to be honest, as much as I enjoyed yesterday, and was relieved, I don't feel any more confident we will win games. We have made ourselves more competitive under Goodwin, players have been giving their all, but the glaring deficiencies were all on show again yesterday, huge spaces in midfield, hardly able to get a tackle in, gifting goals, and missing sitters. Law of averages, if we keep ourselves in games, as we have done recently, we will win occasionally, but all those issue listed make it so hard for us to win games. The big factor yesterday was Hibs only got two significant shots on target, the one right at the start that hit the keeper without him knowing, imagine the mood had that gone in, and the free kick, which if it goes in wins the match. Even their chance at the end that hit the side netting, I was shouting at the keeper to come out, but seeing highlights he was probably right to stay on line, but when you see the way he gets smaller guarding his goal it leaves a massive gap.

Great goal from us, two criminal misses, which seems to be most weeks now, and its not like we are creating enough to afford those misses. After they equalised, I didn't think we looked like scoring, a gift penalty mistake from them, good play from Fletcher to see the opportunity. Fair play to McGrath too, I felt sick just watching the penalty.

Harkes, Fotheringham, Freeman all really struggled. Need to get Middleton back, Anya, Behich, Fletcher good.

Just got to hope the confidence gets a massive lift, margins were so thin yesterday.
    Behich is the key to us beating teams IMO. Boys like Mcgrath and Fotherham need to look at what he provides and start to produce themselves. Also our movement is still really poor when we have the ball. An example of this on saturday when Fotherham and Ayina were next to each other on the right in the lead up to, if i remember correctly, Behich right footed shot high and wide. Aynia has the ball and rather than bombing down the right Fotherham just stands static next to Ayina. Its embarrassing really at the highest level in Scotland we have players behaving like that. Ayina does well and switches to Behich but there should be more options available.

There are certain games we know Fletcher will win most of the headers but not once does anyone gamble and make a run beyond him. That's basic stuff.

Going forward I would play the same team as Sat but Id bring Niskanen in for Fotherham purely for the pace of Niskanen. I would have Behich practice hitting the byline and crossing in the box to him Fletcher Mcgrath and Harkes literally all this week as we will create chances this way and our survival depends on these guys finishing the easy chances that come their way.

Id be tempted to play Ross Graham before Edwards and Mulgrew as both are turning in very poor performances but its maybe not the time to be doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Who mentioned freak results first? Even you cannot deny that our recent form is absolutely pish, so looking at the form table, in a time where Hibs played both Cheeks, and we were throwing games away, i expected a win for us to be a freak result. Thankfully the guys on the pitch put in the effort where a defeat would have been the freak result!

Need to keep it up as Well are flying just now and any points gained will be a bonus!
    😂😂😂 I believe I mentioned Killie beating St. Mirren would be a freak result and a couple of folk then said us beating Hibs would be a freak result

Our form has picked up. Hibs' has gone the other way. We're now 7th in the last five from table. Hibs are 10th. We also have a good record against them, two wins and two draws in our last four. I really didn't see how us winning was a freak result.

I can't deny our form prior to Goodwin coming in was pish. Absolutely not. But that was then. And at the time when Hibs were playing both cheeks, we weren't throwing games away. We drew away to Livi & to St. Mirren at home. That's an upturn in form, surely? Meanwhile Hibs are doing their usual and capitulating after a few decent results like they did earlier in the season.

I agree, any points gained at Well will be a bonus. They're on too good a run of form and have a player in Van Veen who is on fire atm. I'm confident a defeat won't affect the players' confidence like it might've done earlier in the season though. Goodwin seems to have installed a bit of fight & desire in the players, whereas they were like wee lambs heading to the slaughter under Fox.

I still think we have an insurmountable job on our hands. But if we could at least come away with a point from 'well it will at least signify that we have been difficult to beat in recent weeks (Sevco aside).

Think we'll keep plugging away. But I feel we are going to have to get wins against County and Killie to give us a chance of escaping the drop.

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    I have to be honest, as much as I enjoyed yesterday, and was relieved, I don't feel any more confident we will win games. We have made ourselves more competitive under Goodwin, players have been giving their all, but the glaring deficiencies were all on show again yesterday, huge spaces in midfield, hardly able to get a tackle in, gifting goals, and missing sitters. Law of averages, if we keep ourselves in games, as we have done recently, we will win occasionally, but all those issue listed make it so hard for us to win games. The big factor yesterday was Hibs only got two significant shots on target, the one right at the start that hit the keeper without him knowing, imagine the mood had that gone in, and the free kick, which if it goes in wins the match. Even their chance at the end that hit the side netting, I was shouting at the keeper to come out, but seeing highlights he was probably right to stay on line, but when you see the way he gets smaller guarding his goal it leaves a massive gap.

Great goal from us, two criminal misses, which seems to be most weeks now, and its not like we are creating enough to afford those misses. After they equalised, I didn't think we looked like scoring, a gift penalty mistake from them, good play from Fletcher to see the opportunity. Fair play to McGrath too, I felt sick just watching the penalty.

Harkes, Fotheringham, Freeman all really struggled. Need to get Middleton back, Anya, Behich, Fletcher good.

Just got to hope the confidence gets a massive lift, margins were so thin yesterday.
    I know you don't rate Freeman but his main job was to keep Youan quiet and that's exactly what he did. Never got a sniff against Freeman until he moved central during one attack.
    Our fullbacks may have limitations but deserve credit where it's due.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)