+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Current Financial State of Play - April 2023.

In the OP BT puts up a link to a VK statement in which he says we used the parachute money to pay off the loan, giving the impression we are debt free. Fair enough, but what Vinni doesn't say is that we then took out another loan for £39 million, from lenders unknown. What security was required for that loan, a wedge of this year's TV money perhaps ? Who knows, nobody's saying.

Make of that what you will.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    In the OP BT puts up a link to a VK statement in which he says we used the parachute money to pay off the loan, giving the impression we are debt free. Fair enough, but what Vinni doesn't say is that we then took out another loan for £39 million, from lenders unknown. What security was required for that loan, a wedge of this year's TV money perhaps ? Who knows, nobody's saying.

Make of that what you will.
    All I can repeat mon ami is...

Attachment 24349

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    All I can repeat mon ami is...

Attachment 24349
    I take it the above advice doesn't apply to you fretting about Boris Johnson, Tories, the Royal Family, Israel and Saudi money in football ?

No wonder you don't worry about the debt we're carrying, you don't have the time.

I take it the above advice doesn't apply to you fretting about Boris Johnson, Tories, the Royal Family, Israel and Saudi money in football ?

No wonder you don't worry about the debt we're carrying, you don't have the time.
    Somethings are worth worrying about mon ami, Burnley Football Club's current fiscal situation is not one them.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Somethings are worth worrying about mon ami, Burnley Football Club's current fiscal situation is not one them.
    It might be, it might not be, I don't know, you don't know, and ALK seem to be going to great lengths to make sure nobody knows.

It might be, it might not be, I don't know, you don't know, and ALK seem to be going to great lengths to make sure nobody knows.
    And sinky wins the prevarication award 2023

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    And £40 million will only just about buy you a Lyle Foster. I cannot for the life in me understand what really floats sinkov's boat?

His hero the Orange Buffoon is going to jail but so far not a peep.

https://www.factcheck.org/2022/08/ti...ied-documents/

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    BT started this thread Chris, with a link to a statement from VK on our financial situation that was just plain misleading. It seems even Vinni is not fully aware of what's going on, which I find slightly disconcerting.

BT started this thread Chris, with a link to a statement from VK on our financial situation that was just plain misleading. It seems even Vinni is not fully aware of what's going on, which I find slightly disconcerting.
    VK said, “Then we sold players for whatever amount of money, which I’m not allowed to disclose, but a lot. We used a part of that money, not all of it, to buy all of the players you’ve seen today. These players now are a little bit more valuable than they were when they came through the door, and that’s how we are healthy and ready to go next season in the Premier League.”

Which was really stating the bleeding obvious. His job is to coach the players and win football matches, not have an in depth knowledge of how the enterprise is funded.

Let the money men worry about the money eh mon ami?

"Vincent Kompany believes Burnley are 'healthy and ready to go' for the Premier League next season from a financial perspective as he outlined the club's fiscal situation."

"Asked about the club's past financial issues and if it creates a problem for next season, Kompany said: “No, it’s something I’ve said before, but we’ve remedied the problems last summer already. We went down, there was a loan to repay, we paid it with the parachute money."

And then we promptly took out another loan of £39 million. So in effect most of the loan was not repaid, just re-financed. Have ALK been putting Vinni away, or is Vinni putting us away ? Parachute money gone, but still a £39 million loan outstanding. Never mind.

It's the lack of clarity mon ami, it's alarming, even Vinni doesn't seem to be aware of the actual fiscal situation.
    Last edited by sinkov; 11-06-2023 at 09:30 AM.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)