+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Current Financial State of Play - April 2023.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    "Vincent Kompany believes Burnley are 'healthy and ready to go' for the Premier League next season from a financial perspective as he outlined the club's fiscal situation."

"Asked about the club's past financial issues and if it creates a problem for next season, Kompany said: “No, it’s something I’ve said before, but we’ve remedied the problems last summer already. We went down, there was a loan to repay, we paid it with the parachute money."

And then we promptly took out another loan of £39 million. So in effect most of the loan was not repaid, just re-financed. Have ALK been putting Vinni away, or is Vinni putting us away ? Parachute money gone, but still a £39 million loan outstanding. Never mind.
    Annual wage bill now around £30 million not the previous ridiculous £90 million, a huge chunk of media/TV change on its way, assets cover liabilities and I've got five season tickets for the Clarets' EPL.

Don't worry, be happy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-diB65scQU

I'm pretty certain Alan Pace understands this concept and ramifications and further wonder if Burnley Football Club can somehow grab a slice of this particular cake?

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/other...cf798f6c&ei=12

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I'm pretty certain Alan Pace understands this concept and ramifications and further wonder if Burnley Football Club can somehow grab a slice of this particular cake?

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/other...cf798f6c&ei=12
    We seem to be outliers in this game, rich Americans and rich Arabs vie for the world's top clubs, but our American owners are potless, and we're vitually back to the Bob Lord era, find them young and sell them at a profit. At Burnley, it's plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

I'm 100% certain Alan Pace does not qualify as "Roi des cons" mon ami, he'll be in the game somewhere.

Any one who can afford a cheese soufflé for a starter at the posh end of the Ribble Valley is certainly not potless.
    Last edited by The Bedlington Terrier; 14-06-2023 at 11:45 AM.

ALK were supposed to be 'investors' in the club. Yet we're saddled with huge debts. How does that work ?

ALK were supposed to be 'investors' in the club. Yet we're saddled with huge debts. How does that work ?
    I think they have invested good effort, a will to be successful and a determination to turn Burnley Football Club and all that it does to be the very best it can be.

And their noses are scrupulously clean. They will do for me mon ami.

I think they have invested good effort, a will to be successful and a determination to turn Burnley Football Club and all that it does to be the very best it can be.

And their noses are scrupulously clean. They will do for me mon ami.
    Nevertheless, how much cash have these 'investors' actually invested in the club ?

Nevertheless, how much cash have these 'investors' actually invested in the club ?
    There's always the worry that like the Glazers they're in it for the money, not for the well being of the club. However having said that they need to make the club successful and attractive to make any money, so either way we should benefit.

Having the financial wherewithal to come up with £100 million plus and chucking it in the direction of Turf Moor is good enough for me mon ami. I've gotten somewhat lost in the original amount ALK put in, I recall it being somewhere between £15 - 40 million and suing the bollox off the Toffees and the FA/EPL might inject a few more quid sinkov.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...CMP=GTUK_email

Having the financial wherewithal to come up with £100 million plus and chucking it in the direction of Turf Moor is good enough for me mon ami. I've gotten somewhat lost in the original amount ALK put in, I recall it being somewhere between £15 - 40 million and suing the bollox off the Toffees and the FA/EPL might inject a few more quid sinkov.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...CMP=GTUK_email
    It seems ALK have used just £15 million of their own money to acquire ownership of the club, the rest comes from the club's own money and loans, with interest charged to the club, not ALK. However you care to describe ALK, they are not 'investors' in any accepted sense of the word.

Just for comparison Newcastle were bought out around the same time, how much debt have their new owners landed them with ? As far as I understand it PIF are putting money into the club, not taking it out.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)