+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All about the money

All about the money

As we are all excited but apprehensive regarding 19 million on a keeper I figure we must have access to a bigger pot of money than first thought - VK would not spend half is budget let’s say on a keeper ( even if he is an investment) when we’re short elsewhere and let’s be honest that is blatantly obvious to many of us.

So question is where is the money coming from to finance this window - behind the purchases come s wages.

I have to admit though it’s a little exciting,

I can see the headlines now Man City ex keeper plays out of his skin and keeps the champions at bay - first Game. 👍

I respectfully suggest City are giving VK a big break financially on this deal to keep him sweet and onside for when Pep leaves.

It's not £19 million though really, it's either £14 or £15 million with add ons. It's a long term deal as well so the payments will be staged, no idea what the terms will be but it's quite possible we won't be fronting up more than £5 million this summer, which won't make much of a dent in our transfer budget, but whatever, we won't be shelling out anything like £19 or even £15 million on this deal.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    It's not £19 million though really, it's either £14 or £15 million with add ons. It's a long term deal as well so the payments will be staged, no idea what the terms will be but it's quite possible we won't be fronting up more than £5 million this summer, which won't make much of a dent in our transfer budget, but whatever, we won't be shelling out anything like £19 or even £15 million on this deal.
    I’m wondering what Aro has done to pi$$ VK off?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I’m wondering what Aro has done to pi$$ VK off?
    I have read something about a piss up in Turkey while he was away on International duty. Apparently Vinni was not impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I have read something about a piss up in Turkey while he was away on International duty. Apparently Vinni was not impressed.
    Is that the one where he gave a 4’000 tip? I was surprised at the time. Maybe we will sell him at a profit and fund the purchase of the other goalkeeper. Do we need to keep BPF? He doesn’t appear to be making the grade.

It’s beyond strange to me that a cash strapped enterprise can agree to getting rinsed on a young inexperienced goalkeeper. We are not seeing the bigger picture yet. £19 million pounds for a keeper who has not even played in the Championship is beyond ridiculous on the face of it. Just what is going on?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    It’s beyond strange to me that a cash strapped enterprise can agree to getting rinsed on a young inexperienced goalkeeper. We are not seeing the bigger picture yet. £19 million pounds for a keeper who has not even played in the Championship is beyond ridiculous on the face of it. Just what is going on?
    It is strange Bt although as we mentioned before and Sinkov said I think he fits the business model in that we know he’s talented and young enough to develop and sell on - but risk is high playing him in the best league in the world with no back up.

Muric has muckied his ticket by the look of things and BPF is questionable good enough and our new keeper also doesn’t have the prem experience.

I’m confident VK know s what he’s doing though so trust in Vinny.

We're flying by the seat of our pants a bit, but Trafford and Vigouroux cause me no more concern in the PL than Muric and BPF would.

I hope we can extract the maximum in fees for Muric and BPF but it is not looking likely.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)