+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Colchester

I do wonder why, when we have these sorts of games, that virtually the whole team plays crap. Unusually, I am going to make an exception for Agyei in this instance (at least for 60 mins).
    One theory is that the Alex are (very) slow starters and if the opposition starts to hit us early on and then score, then the Alex find it difficult to get going. The question is, of course, why are they such slow starters? Why are they not 'up for it' from the very beginning. I noticed they had a 'huddle' before kick-off, possibly in reaction to CBR comments after Doncaster. Whatever, it didn't make any difference this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    It really is interesting that when we win it is deadly silent on here. When we lose however badly or not (as the case maybe) they are all over it. I suspect someone much cleverer than me could come up with a reason for this!!
    Yes, much cleverer!

We were relegated wih one of the lowest points ever last season.

We have won 11 games and therefore not won in 29 games. ie another poor season!

Even a simple brain would not need to work out why there are more comments when we don't win.

LB would be better sacking the whole team and playing the under 18's as they would have at least tried more.

Just to add I wonder why the team had to stay overnight in the Colchester area when they had 6 hours to get there had they started out at 8am with a 1 hour rest at the other end and a sleep in the coach ro rest up as clearly the rest in the hotel overnight didn't work and the money saved for better players...

In the old days nobody stopped overnight...But then we have far better players nowadays that need resting up....

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    Yes, much cleverer!

We were relegated wih one of the lowest points ever last season.

We have won 11 games and therefore not won in 29 games. ie another poor season!

Even a simple brain would not need to work out why there are more comments when we don't win.

LB would be better sacking the whole team and playing the under 18's as they would have at least tried more.

Just to add I wonder why the team had to stay overnight in the Colchester area when they had 6 hours to get there had they started out at 8am with a 1 hour rest at the other end and a sleep in the coach ro rest up as clearly the rest in the hotel overnight didn't work and the money saved for better players...

In the old days nobody stopped overnight...But then we have far better players nowadays that need resting up....
    I see your arrogance has not dimmed in your little break after our two victories and two clean sheets as well.

I see your arrogance has not dimmed in your little break after our two victories and two clean sheets as well.
    Mmmmm!

Facts, not arrogance always wins the day....for those with a brain at least! . Remember the flat earthers who were ever so confident in their statements and some people were locked up for having an opposing view...

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    Mmmmm!

Facts, not arrogance always wins the day....for those with a brain at least! . Remember the flat earthers who were ever so confident in their statements and some people were locked up for having an opposing view...
    For the record, the reason there are more posts when we lose is that people revel in negativity. Nowhere near as much pleasure in positivity for some

Very disappointing after the last 2 games.
    Hope that O'Riordan is okay, it was still 0-0 when he went off.
    Noticeable that we had about 60% possession over the 90 minutes.
    Waited to hear what Belly had to say after the game before posting - takes some guts to go over to the fans after a performance like that and apologise to them.

Just hope that we can get back to winning ways on Saturday.

For the record, the reason there are more posts when we lose is that people revel in negativity. Nowhere near as much pleasure in positivity for some
    No, the goal Long scored was a great move in that game and to a high standard and that was said by others on here. What need was there for me to add my comments?

Quote Originally Posted by frogpole View Post
    Very disappointing after the last 2 games.
    Hope that O'Riordan is okay, it was still 0-0 when he went off.
    Noticeable that we had about 60% possession over the 90 minutes.
    Waited to hear what Belly had to say after the game before posting - takes some guts to go over to the fans after a performance like that and apologise to them.

Just hope that we can get back to winning ways on Saturday.
    LB said on RS that Colchester were worth winners and could have had 6 or 7 goals and we were second best the whole time. He cannot explain why. I wonder if the stopping overnight in a hotel gels the nerves and the desire to get moving the next day...

Maybe it would have been better had the team flown down there today...Possibly cheaper than a hotel and bus ride?

One bit of good news from today is that my final points haul has still not been overtaken !!

🥱
    Negativity for negativity's sake does not equate to having brain.
    Interesting to see that outright abuse is now also, seemingly, equated with being 'clever'. Maybe among some 5 year old.
    If only some people could make balanced judgements, then others may respect them more. Still, 5 year old would probably not care about that.
    Anyway, game was negative enough without those who know no other way being involved.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast