+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Matchday Thread: Rams v Dons

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    What isn't open to question is that we have used less players than any other team in this league, that this league is a grind week in week out, that we have an unbalanced squad, that our results throughout the season against the top teams has been weak and that, apart from Didzy, the rest of the "strikers' and midfield have contributed bog all in the goals department! The combination of those factors has, imo, resulted in tired legs, inconsistent performances, a drop off in closing down, a wobbly defence and a general lethargy mentally. Warne seems to have changed things around in an attempt to recharge lethargic performances but has failed, indeed he may have, inadvertently, made matters worse.
    I still maintain that this transition season has been great fun, a remarkable success and a marvellous response after MM's carnage. There is much more work to be done and plenty to look forward, even in L2!
    League 2? A slip of the finger I hope!
    Take out the Didzy factor and we are bang average creatively. The wingers looked good (NML / Barks) for half the season, but both have dropped away, and Dobbin looks good but doesn't score his chances. Nobody else has really threatened in the goals department, particularly from centre mid, nor do the centre backs weigh in with headed goals (Cashin unlucky last week forgiving).
    Agree it's been good fun though, and despite what I believe is the collective feeling (shared by myself), it isn't over yet, we are very much in the promotion chase.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramshank72 View Post
    Take out the Didzy factor and we are bang average creatively. The wingers looked good (NML / Barks) for half the season, but both have dropped away, and Dobbin looks good but doesn't score his chances. Nobody else has really threatened in the goals department, particularly from centre mid, nor do the centre backs weigh in with headed goals (Cashin unlucky last week forgiving).
    Agree it's been good fun though, and despite what I believe is the collective feeling (shared by myself), it isn't over yet, we are very much in the promotion chase.
    Therein lies the issue, even at this level a half decent striker costs money - so we hope that either Warne has his eye on a soon to be out of contract "good 'un" or we can buy one.

Agreed, its never over until its mathematically impossible, but given the games we have coming up, we needed a win against the fake Wimbledon but it was not to be. Still our goal difference isn't too shabby!!

We will know after the next couple of games, but I do fear we are a spent force. And maybe in a way that would be an advantage, the club would be able to start preparations a good 3 weeks earlier on recruitment, whereas in the play offs the losers especially the final are effectively on hold until they know which league they will be in.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramshank72 View Post
    L2!! I hope it's a slip of the finger RS and not a premonition of next season!!
    I agree that we are not yet dead (though some of the squad are looking somewhat comatose) but it's the wrong time to lose momentum! In all sports momentum is of massive importance (we had it but the wheels are well and truly off now) and, has been pointed out, the fixtures don't favour a team that's lost its way! If nothing else Warne will be learning a lot about the squad and that will help in the summer wherever we are playing.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)