+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Neilson Sacked

yeah I think the meeting would most likely have been the players just trying to rally and not aimed at undermining manager. I spoke to couple of Hearts fans and they both wanted him away, surprised me, always thought he was quite a conservative/negative manager, but don't think the recent run or their position justifies the decision, especially at this time of season, not exactly easy to replace a manager. Probably Budge feeling pressure of fans.

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    yeah I think the meeting would most likely have been the players just trying to rally and not aimed at undermining manager. I spoke to couple of Hearts fans and they both wanted him away, surprised me, always thought he was quite a conservative/negative manager, but don't think the recent run or their position justifies the decision, especially at this time of season, not exactly easy to replace a manager. Probably Budge feeling pressure of fans.
    Hearts fans hate him. The plane banner a few years ago, the mosaic being vandalised last week. It's pathetic. As soon as they went on a bad run, you must knew they'd turn again.

As for Budge, they spent close to a million on transfers this season. The thought of not recouping that by falling out of the Europa places has possibly made her hit the panic button. Fan pressure as you say, probably played some part.

Good news for us however, in that the new manager bounce that usually occurs, means they might actually pap County in a few weeks. I had County getting a point or three but not so sure now.

No sympathy for Neilson, he walked out on us, left us scrambling around trying to get a replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Orjan11 View Post
    No sympathy for Neilson, he walked out on us, left us scrambling around trying to get a replacement.
    Correct, absolutely no sympathy for Neilson or Hearts.!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi u-Knighted View Post
    Correct, absolutely no sympathy for Neilson or Hearts.!!
    Same, f@ck the lot of them!

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Good news for us however, in that the new manager bounce that usually occurs, means they might actually pap County in a few weeks. I had County getting a point or three but not so sure now.
    Hmm, maybe not. They've just appointed Naismith till the end of the season.

Dont have anything against Robbie because of the joab he did for us and being convinced he has something to say about his reasons for leaving.

Really do not understand why Budgie felt she had to wield the axe though as i think Hearts are overachieving considering where they were not so long ago!

He is an ok manager. Doesn't know how to change a game and lets be honest with the money and squad at his disposal he should be doing much better than he is. His lack of enthusiasm is torture to listen to. Was only a matter of time before he was punted really as he will not take them to that next level that their fans expect.

I will never forget him punching the air with delight at getting a draw with 10 man St Mirren to take it to pens for us to then look like we hadn't even bothered practicing pens all season. All that said I couldn't give a **** about Robbie Neilson or Hearts and I really do not wish either of them well in football.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)