+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽ Match Thread vs. Wrexham 10.04.23 [NL]

Name:  Screenshot_20230410_142145_Gallery.jpg
Views: 1012
Size:  80.8 KB

We're ready, but the nerve-ometer is off the scale

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bob View Post
    Why drop Mair for Slocombe? Ridiculous decision
    Im surprised he isnt on the bench so he could be ill / injured ?

Big Bob, experience? plus Mair is not on the bench so could be injured.

I would have played Brooks or Mair ahead of Slocombe. We are going to be bombarded with balls into the box - not Sam’s strongpoint. The other two are much better on the ball as well.

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    Not negativity, when you’re involved in sport at the highest level you know what should and shouldn’t happen, and being on social media before a big event is not good preparation. Most elite athletes are put into a bubble to avoid distractions in preparation, come back when you have a clue what happens in reality in professional sport.
    Jeez Louise!

I wonder how long it took him to post on social media? Is he allowed to spend the same amount of time messaging friends and family or should that be banned?

Drizzle in a teacup. Nothing to see here folks , move along.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Jeez Louise!

I wonder how long it took him to post on social media? Is he allowed to spend the same amount of time messaging friends and family or should that be banned?

Drizzle in a teacup. Nothing to see here folks , move along.
    It really shows how out of touch some on here are with modern sports science, coaching, preparation techniques,

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Are you going to snitch on Rodders then for not behaving professionally? Only 45mins for LW to arrange a replacement.
    If you read what I said it was a hunch he may still be injured that’s all.

Maybe LW selected Slocombe ahead of Mair and he then thought his head wasn’t in the right place to go on the bench hence Brooks on the bench as he wouldn’t have expected to start

Quote Originally Posted by Neil45 View Post
    I would have played Brooks or Mair ahead of Slocombe. We are going to be bombarded with balls into the box - not Sam’s strongpoint. The other two are much better on the ball as well.
    Absolutely.I can't believe he's bought Sam back.His distribution is iffy, organisational play is suspect and decision making dodgy.I don't rate him highly as I have said many times.

Notts have not always started games quickly enough for me.We need to be on the front foot straight from kick off.
    Last edited by Eastcoastultra1977; 10-04-2023 at 01:48 PM.

**** these ****s. Parkinson as ungracious as usual before the game, we had 5 one on one's at theirs, blah blah blah. No credit for keeping up with them even though they're bringing down players from leagues above. To quote keegan I would love it if we beat them, love it. Come on Notts!!!!!!

Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast