+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Depressed

Depressed

I’ve just arrived at the Gamston Lock after a 5 hour drive from Scotland for tomorrow’s sponsors day at the Lane, sponsored Sam Austin this year. Having a couple of beers but feel really down after yesterday, my wife asked why I was so quiet this morning, she just doesn’t get it. If I am feeling like this how bad will the players and staff feel, especially Scott. It will be interesting to see tomorrow’s training session and hear Luke Williams talk to us. If he can lift my spirits he will definitely be able to lift the players, bloody hope he can.
    Might try writing a James Cordenesque pep talk to sling at the players tomorrow before training, words are coming easier now I’m on my 4th pint.
    If I wasn’t fat and 62 I would show them a few moves too. Just decided to go to Wrexham afer this, see if I can find RR’s tooth, be worth a fortune one day.

I feckin hate play offs btw.

Quote Originally Posted by JockPie View Post
    I’ve just arrived at the Gamston Lock after a 5 hour drive from Scotland for tomorrow’s sponsors day at the Lane, sponsored Sam Austin this year. Having a couple of beers but feel really down after yesterday, my wife asked why I was so quiet this morning, she just doesn’t get it. If I am feeling like this how bad will the players and staff feel, especially Scott. It will be interesting to see tomorrow’s training session and hear Luke Williams talk to us. If he can lift my spirits he will definitely be able to lift the players, bloody hope he can.
    Might try writing a James Cordenesque pep talk to sling at the players tomorrow before training, words are coming easier now I’m on my 4th pint.
    If I wasn’t fat and 62 I would show them a few moves too. Just decided to go to Wrexham afer this, see if I can find RR’s tooth, be worth a fortune one day.

4 - flucking 2 - flucking 4 - that should sort it! Personally I don't see what was wrong with 2 - 3 - 5 like what we had last time we scored over 100 goals in the league.

Think I felt worse the day after the Dagenham game tbh, but it was still a tough one to take. I’m not looking forward to a potential playoff defeat, which feels like it’s heading for us like the proverbial slow motion car crash.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    4 - flucking 2 - flucking 4 - that should sort it! Personally I don't see what was wrong with 2 - 3 - 5 like what we had last time we scored over 100 goals in the league.
    Too true, a right half and an inside left pisses all over these modern 'quarterback' and 'number 10' positions.

Quote Originally Posted by JockPie View Post

I said on the match thread yesterday evening that "strangely I'm not gutted or distraught" well 24 hours on that could not be further from the truth as it's sunk in. It's also ok to feel a bit down in the dumps about it and healthy to express this so then it can be dealt with in order to move on. Luke Williams in his post match interview said he was very upset and really hurt and like you say I'm sure the players and all the staff are as well.

A tough one to take, but one thing is for sure is that all that got us to 100 points is still there and within this team. They have all been exceptional this season and the season is not over. If they can dust themselves down and pick themselves up over the course of this week and remember they are an outstanding and talented side that is capable of getting promoted one way or the other, then they will be able to respond positively on Saturday at home to Woking.

One last big push is needed and I've never been more confident in a side in the past three times we've been in the National League play-offs than I have in this one to finish the job.

I can’t explain why but I just don’t feel down about yesterday.
    This season has been a privilege to witness and I’m just enjoying it.
    I’m extremely confident for the playoffs. You can’t compare this team, or management, to the last three seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    I’m extremely confident for the playoffs. You can’t compare this team, or management, to the last three seasons.
    This is where I'm at. Even if we don't get promoted I'll be remembering this season as a very special one for a very long time...

And we've still got a solid chance of promotion.

I understand disappointment at not winning the Wrexham game, but fair dinkum they're outspending us by a ridiculous margin. The real story is that we can score against them twice and hold the match in jeopardy for 94 minutes in an away game against them.

And honestly, Ryan & Rob just gave us the most publicity we've had in... decades?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Too true, a right half and an inside left pisses all over these modern 'quarterback' and 'number 10' positions.
    So does 2 outright wingers

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    If we were going to miss out on the championship, it’s better to do it this way than how Wrexham did last season - when they lost out in the very last game. Our players now have time to accept that we’re in the playoffs, and that we need to win them in order to give this season the outcome the club deserves.

We’ve never been better equipped to win them, especially if we have all of our key players fit and raring to go for the (hopefully) two games.

I hope the players recover quicker than we do mentally. Literally the only thing that can let us down in the playoffs.
    As players they have already played and competed with the best team in what was the biggest game in National League history. No other game will get that hype. This will be the biggest challenge until the final - should we get there - can the players are able to raise themselves?
    I believe in this group completing the job.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast