+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Romared Match Thoughts Forest Green Rovers v Barnsley

Romared Match Thoughts Forest Green Rovers v Barnsley

Well there's no excuses with this game , FGR are the worst side in the league and that's a very low bar given the shocking quality below half way in this league .

That said they beat S6 recently at the New Lawn but to be honest that's just one of those things that can happen every now and again and it doesn't define FGR this season what so ever .

I can't help wondering 1200 reds fans after a good pre match rinse maybe slightly disappointed with the FGR food outlets when they ask for their usual pre match pie , Big Baz from Brampton with a gallon down his neck being offered Legumes will be some sight .

I don’t want to disrespect FGR but if we don’t win this one we’re not worth a place in the top six.
    I know they beat them lot down the road but it was probably their cup final

We could be sending them down, but we can't be sentimental and we must not feel sorry for them.
    I can see an early goal being enough maybe, but we've got to improve more on those recent away games.
    I thought Dunc Ferguson was a strange choice as their manager, and in fairness they just haven't been good enough this season. But remember when we lost at Morecambe, they were also bottom of the table when they beat us. 😩

I watched them beat the dee dahs and to be fair to Duncan Fergusons side, they deserved to win. They kept their shape really well and Wednesday couldn't break them down. Wednesday didn't commit enough men forward to ask questions of the Forest Green defence in my opinion. Wednesday were trusting what has worked for them all season and keeping it tight away from home and hoping their extra quality would tell. It didn't happen unfortunately for them

However, we are a different proposition to the men from S6. If we put Forest Green under pressure from the off, commit bodies forward, ask questions of their defence and hopefully get that early goal that we're normally so good at doing, I think we will over run this lot in my honest opinion.

It may sound foolish or disrespectful predicting a big win for the Reds and this may come back to bite me on the arse if we have another off day in front of goal, especially when you consider our recent away form but surely we get 3 points from this. I think the lads will be desperately wanting to put the record straight after the defeats at Burton and Exeter.

Barnsley to win the game minus 2 goals on the handicap coupon is 15/4. My money is on that.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post

I can't help wondering 1200 reds fans after a good pre match rinse maybe slightly disappointed with the FGR food outlets when they ask for their usual pre match pie , Big Baz from Brampton with a gallon down his neck being offered Legumes will be some sight .
    pmsl

I agree with pass, fgr were organised and fought for every ball v porkers
    We get straight out of traps n get the early lead n their game plan goes out a winda
    If not it could be another burton
    I’m slightly concerned about our away form lately tb honest, we need a Cheltenham start please!
    9 points from next 3 games is a must if we still harbour automatic promotion aspirations
    That’ll give us a proper straightener v Ipswich

They could always read a jilly cooper novel

On paper Barnsley have the easiest game on Setdi so it should be a magnificent afternoon when all the results go in the Red's favour---

Exeter-v-Plymouth (12-00 Midday KO)

Forest Green-v-Barnsley

Burton-v-Sheffield Wednesday

Ipswich-v-Charlton

A win for Barnsley and draws or defeats for the three rivals.

Quote Originally Posted by Dingle council View Post
    They could always read a jilly cooper novel
    "Big Dunc" is leading the Nailsworth Book Club Circle in the Library as usual this afternoon.

Mr Ferguson will lead a discussion on social structures and etiquette in mid ninet-eenth century England as exposed in William Makepeace Thackeray's "Vanity Fair".

Please read up to the end of Chapter Three in preparation.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 14-04-2023 at 07:10 AM.

I also agree with Pass; I think it could be a high scoring game all round because fgr have to come out and try to win the game. I think Duff will have them sorted today; he won't want another away defeat. Minds will be firmly focused on winning this game.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast