+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: PJMs

Quote Originally Posted by Br0chred View Post
    What do you think of this zoomer's spoutings 57?
    "In terms of European-level achievements, I find it hard to split Aberdeen and Dundee United at the top - (Utd being a goal away from European Cup final plus first �������������� club in UEFA final arguably better than 1 great Aberdeen season)."
    Is tit any wonder...
    What do I think?

“You LOST, you fûcking losers, despite getting to play half of the final on yer ain midden. “Fair play”? Almost as if Billy Kirkwood and Derek Stark never actually left their hoof prints on Strachan and Scanlon, and the chant “Willie Miller’s a Páki” was never heard roared by the 300 or so fans who bought their scarves the day after they beat Borussia Mönchengladbach.”

I’ve posted the sanitised, edited, redacted version, and apart from this, and the full-profanity version being saved for relegation day, have no strong feelings on the matter. E&OE.

There's a "vacated" sign where you'd normally find their brain.
    Imagine that they actually believe their ramblings to be true.
    Nurse!

I've never managed to put that foggy night against Porto down as any sort of victory, but I'm pretty sure we managed to reach another European semi final that season.

Quote Originally Posted by Donanddusted View Post
    There's a "vacated" sign where you'd normally find their brain.
    Imagine that they actually believe their ramblings to be true.
    Nurse!
    Here are some more words of wisdom from my pjm acquaintance
    "Dundee United have come closer to winning both of the two major trophies in European football than have Aberdeen."

Maybe you should engage him in a debate about necessary and sufficient conditions in the context of winning something. Not sure he’s grasped that eg being in a final or semi final is a necessary condition but not sufficient (see McInnes, Derek, 2016-21 for a detailed exposition of this issue).

COUNT THE FÛCKING MEDALS YOU DELUDED OJO-ASSAULTING RELEGATION FODDER JUTE WÃNKER

etc

That would be an alternative approach 😉

During our tete a tete, there were repeated references that losing is not evidence suggestive of success, how the pjms have always failed while AFC have succeeded, but to his credit he persevered with his nearly winning is magnificent argument. He didn't like it when I belittled his much vaunted pjm's European Cup run in comparison to beating Bayern Munich and Real Madrid
    "Utd got to the EC semi final by beating teams from Malta and Belgium, drawing with a team from Austria, squeaking through on away goals and losing to the only decent team they played" seemed to touch a nerve

Name:  3BB8AB70-C990-4CFA-8156-CFA0435A7A50.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  28.9 KB

Never tire of seeing that picture

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast