+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: PJMs

My 16 year old was having an online argument with some jute f*ck about some player they have being far better than Duk!

I think that all my rants over the years about my dislike of them clicked into place for him today.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    My 16 year old was having an online argument with some jute f*ck about some player they have being far better than Duk!

I think that all my rants over the years about my dislike of them clicked into place for him today.
    It’s in the genes. Like Jutes’ hands in their sisters’ poundshop Levis.

…or Ralph Milne fumbling through a handbag at a players dance

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post

Must be a generational thing - my generation only really detested the two ugly sisters as the rest were pretty much an irrelevance. Dundee United, in my early’ish supporting days, played some good football. Singing about the recent demise of Hearts etc too shows that it’s often largely about competition with our nearest rivals; and consequently how far we have fallen since the glory days.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    …or Ralph Milne fumbling through a handbag at a players dance
    I remember we nearly signed him - thought my mate was bull ****tting, then he went to Man United as I recall!?

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    It’s in the genes. Like Jutes’ hands in their sisters’ poundshop Levis.
    Whilst donned?

Quote Originally Posted by Shetland Don View Post
    I remember we nearly signed him - thought my mate was bull ****tting, then he went to Man United as I recall!?
    Ralph Milne played a major part in Fergie's success at Man U.

Fergie signed him due to having been hit by few injuries ( think he was at Charlton).
    Anyway, Bobby Charlton went to Fergie and said words to the effect "WTF? Boy's gash." Except in a funny Geordie/Manc/Combover dialect.

Fergie said "Cheap, short term option in terms of wide cover" or words to that effect.

Charlton then said "No, no, no......many nos. We don't sign players like that, money doesn't matter."
    Words Fergie took to heart, he went out and spent shedloads on Pallister, Ince, Webb, Hughes (back).......others.....Phelan?
    Anyway, this was 89ish, 89-90 season Man U won the FA cup. The rest was history.

��

Imagine boasting about almost winning trophies.

And naming a stand after it.

And having anniversary celebrations every few years for the trophies that you didn't win.

Quote Originally Posted by swaddon2 View Post
    Imagine boasting about almost winning trophies.

And naming a stand after it.

And having anniversary celebrations every few years for the trophies that you didn't win.
    Ach, it's what little clubs do.

🤣

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast