+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Luton Town Post Match Thoughts

Luton Town Post Match Thoughts

Unbeaten so far with the recent run of putting these up early so hopefully it'll continue today. Otherwise occupied again as I'll probably be patiently waiting to get out of NYS at 5pm.

Thoughts on today's game?

I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll....

But it's OK because everyone near us is crap.

Weekend saved by our Massive 'friends'.

Can’t pass a ball . Can’t clear a ball. Can’t cross a ball. Can’t create owt. Another game where we never looked like scoring. Luckily those below us are just as bad.

When we play the better teams, our only hope is to catch them off form or get huge slices of luck. Luton turned up today and well worth the win, although the ref seemed to want to make sure!

As with many other games this season, once they tightened their grip we struggled to make passes, felt the pressure and just couldn't compete although it might have been interesting if the penalty for us had been awarded for handball.

As kept getting booted off ifollow, and firestick failed me also, I switched to comms and watched last 15 of Reading v Burnley. Burnley looked well off the pace and although Reading looked glad of the draw, they looked just as dangerous as Burnley and could have gone for it. Hope Burnley do the same on Tuesday as nothing to fear based on that showing.

Clearly when playing teams that are on their game Fosu seems the first to list his form, and surprised he stayed on the pitch so long. Like the look of Quina, good to get more game time for Basil, and a run out for wood who does tend to play his finest in the huge games. Might turn out to be ***** in the final games.

Got to give credit to Luton. They are a very good side & I have no complaints.

Not a good result, we didn't play that bad, it was the goal just before half-time and then what the F was harding doing, after that we huffed and puffed but at least we didn't give in. Reading getting a draw against burnley was a bad result for us, gives them belief and will have burnley wound up for the game on Tuesday, i think it will be how we play in the last 4 games that will be the real decision making for us. I few negatives by MT today for me, don't understand why we changed our formation to 3 at the back after 3 solid games, it left us light in the middle of the park as Fosu is not a central midfielder and no idea how he stayed on as long as he did. I do think the referee second half performance was horrendous, Burke should have been sent-off for the deliberate hand ball, then campbell should have gone for the handball in the penalty area, which was a clear penalty, finally the tackle on Brammal was a straight red, slid in from 4 yards away, the ball had gone and he wasn't in control of himself. I think the referee bottled it. Bristol and cardiff games are the ones that will decide our season need one win out of those two games

Is Fosu fit, he couldn’t even get down to take the knee. No idea what Harding was doing with the pen. Missed Fergie today.

Luton controlled the game right from kick off.

At times I thought we were playing with a beach ball, our ball control and passing was abysmal.

Far more accomplished side won.
    Reading only side relevant to us who picked up a point, could of been worse.
    Another game chalked off for all those chasing.
    Never going to score.
    Onto Tuesday, hopefully dodge some more bullets, then onto the 'proper' run in.

UTM!

Luton showed why they are third and we showed why we struggle at the other end.

That Morris would score had a certain inevitability about it. We had zero shots on goal and, at best, looked fragile on the few occasions we had their keeper in sight.

The most uplifting thing I can say is that a very good friend who is a lifelong Luton supporter thought we gave it a reasonable go even though we were two down and said that he thought we were good for survival; most of the clubs below us were generally far worse when Luton played them.

I think he was probably giving me an opportunity to save face - but I still cling to his words…

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast