+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Matchday Thread: Exeter v Rams

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Matchday Thread: Exeter v Rams

Big old journey for the Faithful, lets hope against hope we can find a bit of form.

Anyone?

The final nail in the coffin

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Big old journey for the Faithful, lets hope against hope we can find a bit of form.

Anyone?
    400+ miles and a seven hour return trip. Hope they have something to celebrate but guessing we’ll be able to start planning for another L1 slog next season after more dropped points.

We are now, 100%, in must win territory. 0-1 away win.

I hope we don't score until early in the second half, as scoring first seems to be an issue, instead of building on an early goal we seem to fall back more and more as the game goes on looking more desperate. I think it will be another draw, even if we did get into the play offs, can't see us getting past any of the teams in the top 6 right now, so 7th and start preparing for next season in league 1 would be better IMO.

Anyway another draw 1-1 for me.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    I hope we don't score until early in the second half, as scoring first seems to be an issue, instead of building on an early goal we seem to fall back more and more as the game goes on looking more desperate.
    I've seen similar comments on various platforms over the past couple of days. It's not a POV with which I agree. We didn't fall back. IMO, Rovers had greater speed, more energy, looked sharper and they pushed us back. Credit to them rather than us trying to hang on.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    I've seen similar comments on various platforms over the past couple of days. It's not a POV with which I agree. We didn't fall back. IMO, Rovers had greater speed, more energy, looked sharper and they pushed us back. Credit to them rather than us trying to hang on.
    Whichever way you put it, we fell back or were pushed back. the team lacks the pace, the fitness and the ability to maintain an attack and finish up falling back trying to catch teams on the counter. Rover's 70% possession speaks volumes - if we can't maintain at pressing, then we should play to our strengths and keep possession. For me thats the coach's fault, he knows what he has in his squad and should play to their strengths, its all very well having a high tempo pressing game, but if the players aren't up to it, and clearly they are not, then something needs to change.

There has been a pattern to games, we are quick out of the blocks often score then fade away

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    The final nail in the coffin
    The last time I looked at the coffin it looked well nailed down to me!!

Win the last four and we still won't make the play offs IMO!
    However, in the unlikely event that Warne can find some hidden formula for getting our old men to suddenly jump through hoops, I'll plump for a real mauling of Exeter and a 3 - 0 win! (God, the peddy was good last night!!)

We never travel well. However, and not quite as plumping as mac, I'll predict a 1-0 win for the Rams.

Curiously our away record as of today is W7 D7 L7, exactly as it was at the end of the 1974-75 season when we won the old First division.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)