It says a lot about how this Club has been run into the ground.

Many fans, mostly of a certain vintage, haven’t dared to dream of success or even mediocrity. Aston Villa Football Club has been sh1t, top to bottom, for far such a long time.

Forlorn hope has been chipping away at the support bases’ sanity, laughing in our faces. Many of the young faces that I saw at the Forest game have never known ‘The Villa’ to be anything other than rubbish, never mind half-decent. Blindly following their parents/guardians, down the Villa. Secretly cheering Citeh on MOTD. And now? Different gravy, now,

So, what now for me? I’m feeling uncharacteristically shy about shouting from the rooftops. Are we really good, again? Will it last? Will something sh1t happen, to burst the euphoria?

Well, I’m not going all in, not just yet, just dipping my toe into the pool of hysteria. My chest puffed out a little, almost as far as my Stella Belly. I’m watching SSN from the settee, instead of cowering behind it. We’re winning matches, playing well, and p1ssing off the few noses, boggies, and pov fans that spitefully spit their snidey poison.

Ah, it’s coming back to me, Up The Fkg Villa!!