+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's happening?

What's happening?

It says a lot about how this Club has been run into the ground.

Many fans, mostly of a certain vintage, haven’t dared to dream of success or even mediocrity. Aston Villa Football Club has been sh1t, top to bottom, for far such a long time.

Forlorn hope has been chipping away at the support bases’ sanity, laughing in our faces. Many of the young faces that I saw at the Forest game have never known ‘The Villa’ to be anything other than rubbish, never mind half-decent. Blindly following their parents/guardians, down the Villa. Secretly cheering Citeh on MOTD. And now? Different gravy, now,

So, what now for me? I’m feeling uncharacteristically shy about shouting from the rooftops. Are we really good, again? Will it last? Will something sh1t happen, to burst the euphoria?

Well, I’m not going all in, not just yet, just dipping my toe into the pool of hysteria. My chest puffed out a little, almost as far as my Stella Belly. I’m watching SSN from the settee, instead of cowering behind it. We’re winning matches, playing well, and p1ssing off the few noses, boggies, and pov fans that spitefully spit their snidey poison.

Ah, it’s coming back to me, Up The Fkg Villa!!

We've certainly endured many years of sh1te Exiled mate, punctuated by the odd cup final and new manager bounce. Let's not forget that we very nearly went under just a few years ago, all of a sudden our player recruitment doesn't look too bad does it when you think of when we signed McGinn, Luiz, Mings, Cash, Watkins, Martinez and Konsa. Goes to show what a great coach can do with players who are willing to listen, learn and work hard.

The lows have been painful, we've been a laughing stock at times and teams could turn up at VP & easily collect 3 points. Well no more, I am absolutely purring over what I'm seeing, we all have a spring in our step and why not enjoy this moment, long overdue.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledvillan View Post
    My chest puffed out a little, almost as far as my Stella Belly.
    This made me laugh, Exiled! A well honed Stella Belly if I might say so, Sir.

It feels really surreal. I was saying to Oz, earlier, that I'm so used to us being at the bottom end of the League table that when I'm looking to see where we are placed, my eyes automatically go to the bottom - it feels so strange, but in a lovely way, to have to then scroll up so high!

Nervously dipping my toe in too, but now thinking, as Westy said, why not enjoy it - we've waited long enough. xx
    Last edited by MissWinnie; 17-04-2023 at 08:12 PM.

PS. I know that neither of you play, but Watkins and Mings are first and third most transferred in players in the FPL this week! I always feel pride when people want our players in their teams.

It does feel odd. Every time we get a bit of momentum we get brought back down to earth like our last loss to to Leicester. However this does feel very different and we are the 2nd in the league if the season started when Emery arrived.

Agreed - had he been here from when Deano left we would be pushing a top 3 spot when you think of the losses to B'mouth, Palace, WHU, Fulham, plus draws away at Forest & Leeds.

I would have preferred less attention on us but the belief within the team is contagious. We have a master manager who hasn’t even had a full transfer window yet. Exciting times ahead villans.

Great thread.. oh my oh my what a great season this is turning out to be. Seriously impressed with the gaffer and even though it’s a bit painful to watch at times imo it don’t matter cos we’re winning games 🤣

Happy days..

Quote Originally Posted by MissWinnie View Post
    PS. I know that neither of you play, but Watkins and Mings are first and third most transferred in players in the FPL this week! I always feel pride when people want our players in their teams.
    Tbh I’ve had Mings for quite a while and Watkins now for a month or so… agree mate it’s Buzzin when we all out are players in rather than ovoid em like the plague 🤣

Hope you are good my friend 😊

Quote Originally Posted by dazzyowen View Post
    Tbh I’ve had Mings for quite a while and Watkins now for a month or so… agree mate it’s Buzzin when we all out are players in rather than ovoid em like the plague ��

Hope you are good my friend ��

I bet you were super-buzzing after last week's 15 points from Mings, Dazzy! I certainly was I've had them both in my squad for a month or so ...

Aww, thank you for asking. A few health challenges here, but have to count blessings of course. I hope you are good too, my friend.

Love Winnie xx
    Last edited by MissWinnie; 29-04-2023 at 09:38 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)