+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Aberdeen v Rangers (2012)

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    There was a time when an overt display of corruption would fire me up for the Sevco game on Sunday.
    Now, it's just.....what's the point?
    It's not like the ref is going to go easy on us, off the back of the Shinnie decision.

I go and watch it as I enjoy it.

Sadly, I have no expectation of any team, outwith the cheeks, winning the title in my remaining years.

The decision doesn’t surprise me in the slightest. The SFA aren’t even trying to hide the fact they have it in for us.

Every week they are trying their best to prevent us from winning,var is just another tool for them to be able to fvck us over.

Sundays game against the Huns is guaranteed to have 1 of our players sent off,a penalty to them or a goal for us ruled out by var.

I knew the appeal would get thrown out, that much was obvious, but the extra game for frivolity is Saville-esque in its overt criminality........."in plain sight".
    Keep in mind....the ref gave a throw in.
    The match official in real time did not even deem the challenge a foul.

Yet an appeal against a straight red for that very challenge is deemed "frivolous".

So will the ref be sanctioned for deeming such a heinous challenge no-foul?

We've all known for decades that the game's nae straight in this nasty little country of ours and I think we've all seen that attempts to hide the fact have become......perfunctory at best.

But this one.....this takes things to a whole new level.

Remind me why we bother?

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    I knew the appeal would get thrown out, that much was obvious, but the extra game for frivolity is Saville-esque in its overt criminality........."in plain sight".
    Keep in mind....the ref gave a throw in.
    The match official in real time did not even deem the challenge a foul.

Yet an appeal against a straight red for that very challenge is deemed "frivolous".

So will the ref be sanctioned for deeming such a heinous challenge no-foul?

We've all known for decades that the game's nae straight in this nasty little country of ours and I think we've all seen that attempts to hide the fact have become......perfunctory at best.

But this one.....this takes things to a whole new level.

Remind me why we bother?

Yup. It`s the " frivilous" thing that needs challenging. sue their asses !!!

I looked at getting a ticket for this game.
    £33 fair put me off but then I thought, we’ll get cheated anyway.

I had in mind Shinnie getting sent off in the first 10 minutes but they’ve beaten that.
    Beware Ramadani, it’s you next.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    I looked at getting a ticket for this game.
    £33 fair put me off but then I thought, we’ll get cheated anyway.

I had in mind Shinnie getting sent off in the first 10 minutes but they’ve beaten that.
    Beware Ramadani, it’s you next.
    I reckon Scales will be off first after the ref consults VAR and notes the footage showing him handling opposition player in box.
    Aberdeen's appeal that the video footage was actually against hibs in a game last year is regarded as frivolous and shinnie is banned for another game despite being shopping in Asda at the time

Of course, when one of their midfielders punches one of our midfielders in the face, VAR will have been temporarily not working.

One of them podcaster types was interviewed on STV (clue: it’s Grampian FFS) tonight and said that it was the term “frivolous” that “got up everybody’s goat.

No wonder they spend all their time in darkened rooms with their technology and statistics.

I see the PFA have got involved about the extra game being added to the ban for the "frivolous appeal".

Might not help the blatant cheating in our game, but the extra game ban really is ridiculous and should be stopped.

So, our appeal lacked any serious purpose or value, according to the appeals panel. The appeals panel appears to be an entirely frivolous setup which discourages appeals by threatening, and then delivering, more severe punishments on appeal, presumably so as to act as a deterrent to anyone questioning the credibility of the original decision. It also has seemingly has no regard to prior appeals panel decisions. I conclude that the appeals panel process if fatally flawed and that it does not give anyone appealing a fair hearing. Dave Cormack and other Club Chairmen ought to challenge this decision, otherwise the subsisting unfairness will prevail in Scottish football. Dave!?

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast