+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ❎Fans' Player of the Season voting now open

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Lots of eligible candidates from a sensational season to date but it should be a landslide victory IMO.
    Matty Palmer I assume?

Loads deserve mentions and are valid candidates, which should come as no surprise to anyone.

The top 3 are set for me, with the rest honourable mentions. However the play of the season should be Macaulay Langstaff. His club and league record breaking number of goals combined with his tireless running and closing down of opposition throughout the game means he's my clear choice.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    Matty Palmer I assume?
    You think Palmer wins by a landslide?

He's been superb, just like he was last season. He's the heart of the team, makes us tick , our system is centred around him but he's not on the top step of the podium for the reasons given above.

Lots of eligible candidates from a sensational season to date but it should be a landslide victory IMO.
    I voted for ?????

Maca by a distance

You think Palmer wins by a landslide?

He's been superb, just like he was last season. He's the heart of the team, makes us tick , our system is centred around him but he's not on the top step of the podium for the reasons given above.
    Absolutely…..he’s top of the step for exactly the reasons you mention, surely? Not sure your’e not on the wind up there laddo!?

Without Palmer at the heart of the team, making us tick and the whole team being based around him then there’s no way on earth that Langstaff scores 40 odd goals. I love Macca of course, but Palmer has been on another level for two seasons….Macca may only be involved for 90 seconds a game, Palmer is exceptional for 90 minutes every game. That’s why he wins by a landslide for me 🙂

……But I expect Macca to get it 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Not how I see it, I'm torn between Macca and Palmer with Ruben a close third.
    That sounds about right.

It should really be Macca, given that he's broken so many records. But Palmer is so instrumental to the way we play, and he plays well pretty much every game.

I fully expect Macca to get it too. Palmer is the first name on the team sheet for me , and he's Mr 90 mins as you suggest.

However f there was no Palmer in the side all season, let's say we had Bostock instead I would wager he still scores 25+ goals this season, possibly 30+ with the talent that surrounds him in the squad.

I know the point you are getting at but I wouldn't ever suggest Macca is involved for only 90 seconds or 9 mins of any game. He's relentless in his movement both when we have the ball in defence or midfield and when the opposition have the ball in their defence.

He defends from the front and oh he does the recognised hardest thing in football 'scoring a goal'... Lots.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    I voted for ?????
    Hello durhampie, see above post for the answer to your question.

Loads deserve mentions and are valid candidates, which should come as no surprise to anyone.

The top 3 are set for me, with the rest honourable mentions. However the play of the season should be Macaulay Langstaff. His club and league record breaking number of goals combined with his tireless running and closing down of opposition throughout the game means he's my clear choice.
    I was going to say honourable mentions to Chicksen and Nemane, but really the entire squad has been great. Players like Scott and Austin have been in and out the side for one reason or another, but both have had a real impact. More to come from them next season.

And then underpinning everything is the man himself, LW. Not a player, but certainly our most valuable asset.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast