+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Turn it off

Turn it off

Latest government bollöcks

Wartime sirens taking over your phone on sunday.
    Big Brother rules ok.

Settings
    Notifications
    Scroll to the bottom
    Turn off the bottom two.

Thanks I'm afraid to Jacob Rees Mogg.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post

Big Brother rules ok.

Settings
    Notifications
    Scroll to the bottom
    Turn off the bottom two.

Yup I also have great reservations about this nonsense. They won't be getting to my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post

Big Brother rules ok.

Settings
    Notifications
    Scroll to the bottom
    Turn off the bottom two.

I used to get it in Japan with earthquake warnings or Kim Jong Un doing something mental - fair enough I thought. That's cool. But what's the purpose of it on these shores? Incase we get invaded by Putin? Or maybe where I am now it could be some particularly nasty sheep worriers or cow rustlers around, or gangs scrumping for apples in the cider orchards.

Think I'll leave it on for Sunday out of curiosity.

But just you watch, we'll all rue the day that we turned it off when the apocalypsse comes.

Quote Originally Posted by stewarty27 View Post
    Yup I also have great reservations about this nonsense. They won't be getting to my phone.
    Sorry to break it to you but they'll get to your phone if they want to, regardless of what you do. But I'm pretty certain they couldn't give a shiny sh*te about what is going on on your (or any of our) phones.

I've paid scant attention to this whole farago.
    Is the story that there's some kind of global alert coming on a'body's phones on Sunday?

Good job I ken about it, if I hadnae I might've indiscriminately started attacking foreigners, because they'd be to blame obvs.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    Is the story that there's some kind of global alert coming on a'body's phones on Sunday?

Good job I ken about it, if I hadnae I might've indiscriminately started attacking foreigners, because they'd be to blame obvs.
    Having done some research, it's to alert you if you come within 5m of some weirdo who buys their suppers at a "chippy"

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post

It's a good job it isn't on Saturday at 3pm:

"And now a minute's silence for some old mannie related to the club (*) / some dignitary vaguely related to the SFA (*) / someone related to writing the VAR review rules (*) / some monarch or other [* delete as applicable]"

(Cacophony of phones going off)

My wife pointed out it could be useful for people who live in areas prone to flooding. And we had that hurricane in 1987. Maybe it would have it's (limited) benefits.

Och, disnae really bother me. If they want to monitor us the have been able to do so for years. I've got nothing to hide, and "big brother" would bore her ti*s off if she monitored me.

[QUOTE=WhenTattieFlooredChas;40262899

Och, disnae really bother me. If they want to monitor us the have been able to do so for years. I've got nothing to hide, and "big brother" would bore her ti*s off if she monitored me.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. You give up your privacy as soon as you have a phone.

Quote Originally Posted by WhenTattieFlooredChas View Post
    Having done some research, it's to alert you if you come within 5m of some weirdo who buys their suppers at a "chippy"
    57vintage likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast