+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Derby's end of season games - place your bets!

Acknowledged that you were spot on!! If we had only beaten Portsmouth my treble would have been quite remunerating!!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Seldom right about anything and wish I wasn’t about this. The only crumb of comfort I could get is if Davies red is appealed and overturned, maybeMA will tell us the ref was right once he gave the pen
    IMO, AF, he was wrong. There was contact and a defender is always gambling if he uses hands/arms on an opponent in the box when the ball is in play. Curt gambled and lost. The level of contact was insufficient to cause the player to go down as if poleaxed. If there's no need to go down, if you can easily stay on your feet, you should do so. If you don't it's simulation and a yellow card for the attacker. Once the ref chose, wrongly, to give a penalty, he then had another choice to make. Card or no card and, if so, which colour? Obviously, as I believe the penalty decision was wrong (a view shared by a Wendy supporting friend of mine) there shouldn't have been a card either. The red can't have been for being the last man as both Wildsmith and Cashin were between man/ball and the goal. As he chose to go for Red I can only assume he saw it as a professional foul, which IMO, it wasn't.

Softest penalty I've seen all season. When the full 90 is available I'll stop the action and post a photo of an incident involving Fozzy in their box which was far more worthy of a penalty than theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    IMO, AF, he was wrong. There was contact and a defender is always gambling if he uses hands/arms on an opponent in the box when the ball is in play. Curt gambled and lost. The level of contact was insufficient to cause the player to go down as if poleaxed. If there's no need to go down, if you can easily stay on your feet, you should do so. If you don't it's simulation and a yellow card for the attacker. Once the ref chose, wrongly, to give a penalty, he then had another choice to make. Card or no card and, if so, which colour? Obviously, as I believe the penalty decision was wrong (a view shared by a Wendy supporting friend of mine) there shouldn't have been a card either. The red can't have been for being the last man as both Wildsmith and Cashin were between man/ball and the goal. As he chose to go for Red I can only assume he saw it as a professional foul, which IMO, it wasn't.

Softest penalty I've seen all season. When the full 90 is available I'll stop the action and post a photo of an incident involving Fozzy in their box which was far more worthy of a penalty than theirs.
    When he was wrestled and held to the ground(?) - I think I remember shouting about that. Why is it a foul in open play to tap someone on the shoulder, but not a foul to hold, push, shove, rugby tackle etc from a set piece

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Seldom right about anything and wish I wasn’t about this. The only crumb of comfort I could get is if Davies red is appealed and overturned, maybeMA will tell us the ref was right once he gave the pen

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)