+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Mass changes for Hull?

Mass changes for Hull?

I would ring the changes for Hull.
    Yes it's a big game but some players recently have not produced and its time for them to drop out.
    Kaminski in for pears
    Phillips and Wharton for carter and hyam
    Garrett for travis
    Thomas for dolan and Leonard for diaz.
    Big big risk chucking so many youngsters in but can they do worse than what has been served up recently?

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    I would ring the changes for Hull.
    Yes it's a big game but some players recently have not produced and its time for them to drop out.
    Kaminski in for pears
    Phillips and Wharton for carter and hyam
    Garrett for travis
    Thomas for dolan and Leonard for diaz.
    Big big risk chucking so many youngsters in but can they do worse than what has been served up recently?
    He won't take those risks. He would not have spent a season playing Morton instead of Wharton or Garrett.
    We allowed ourselves to be bullied by Liverpool and signed a contract committing to playing Morton in a huge number of games. And he hasn't been good enough. We send back a player not good enough who has benefitted massively from being here and playing. But we have dropped away because he isn't good enough.
    If Broughton had done his job correctly, we would've got O'Brien who would have made a huge difference. Probably the difference in finishing 9th or 6th.
    We could pick pretty much any side and we will still remain not quite good enough.
    I don't always agree with this 'play them now for next season'. As next season JDT will have left and we will go back to being around 12th - 14th again and being slightly less worse than 'not quite good enough'.

They are all going to go on holiday somewhere hot and far away in a few weeks. They wont give this embarrassing drop away another thought. None of them. Because its far far easier and much less pressure to play in the Champ than it would be to try go up. Half of them know they would be looking for new clubs if that did happen. And the others will want to try stay in that division more than one season, Which is all we would manage if we did manage to go that extra mile to try and go up.
    No, they will fail. They will go away without a care in the world and come back saying the same things next season. Then they will fail again. Its pointless even bothering to pretend to show interest anymore. Its just a massive waste of time and money. They don't care, they are happy going nowhere. Why should I carry on pretending.
    I didnt bother watching yesterday, I had zero interest. I wont be watching Hull on a Saturday night on Sky as I just dont agree that they are bullying clubs like us into such pathetic unfair times. I have plans that evening. I wont be putting time aside for Rovers anymore.
    I wont be bothering to watch the Cov game midweek, there are Champions League games I would prefer watching, nor the PNE away game which I know now we will lose. I have no interest in that stupid OTT Burnley game, and by the time the final 2 games come around, it will all be too late anyway. They will be out of it by that stage with nothing to play for.

Hopefully that young lad Leonard will get a few games. He looks very good. But don't get excited. Next season they will go get a crap inferior kid from Liverpool's reserves and play him instead. He looks a much much better prospect than the clown Brereton. But he keeps playing him anyway.

Its been about 6 games now since any striker has scored a league goal. So lets keep trying to same players and expecting change.

Wow champs.
    I was being slightly harsh but that's a full on response.
    I feel this team at the start of the season was about 10th place and despite our false position of 6th,that's probably where we will end up.
    I don't agree that JDT will leave as I believe he hasn't proved himself yet to get a better job elsewhere.
    I do agree that we need to stop getting players in who will benefit other teams while ultimately weakening ours.
    The whole morton deal has been an absolute shambles.
    We have our hands tied with a awful deal.
    Rank average player preventing a young academy player from progressing.
    I reiterate what I said earlier this season.
    What has Broughton actually brought to this club?
    Another wage to someone who talks a good game but ultimately does nothing.

Feynoord already want JDT.
    He is already attracting loads of attention. He is way too good for this club. He will leave to a bigger better club where he is appreciated.
    He has done a great job, and is not part of the ongoing issue at this club.
    He has improved us massively.
    The season has normally been over for about a month now.
    Broughton has done some great work brining in some decent players. Who have improved us. He dropped the ball on the O'Brien thing. But the EFL and Forest also played a major part on that fk up. Had we got him, I believe we would be in a stronger position.

Nothing has changed ultimately. It as going on well before Mowbray. It will still be going on well after JDT leaves in the summer. We have a bunch of second rate players playing with no pressure. In good facilities getting well paid. They have zero interest in trying to go up. Most of them would be finding new clubs in the Champ. The rest know the pressure will not be for them.
    So every season we find new ways of bottling it.
    This season has been a vast improvement.
    but lets be honest. You and most of the others where never happy at any point. You didnt like or rate the appointment of the manager. you didnt like or rate the players coming in. You dont like Broughton. And have never seemed happy once during the season.
    And this is a VAST improvement on things.

I just think its all gotten a bit boring.

Excuse me champs but have you not gone all in with the attack on the team recently?
    I am happy with where we are currently as we are punching above our weight and I believe JDT is doing a good job.
    A few strange decisions but on the whole pretty good.
    I cannot see him leaving yet,as one good season in Norway and a incomplete season that looks promising so far does not warrant a clamour of clubs wanting his signature.
    Yes feynoord are a better club in terms of in Europe and better run.
    Not a better league though
    Dutch league is a farmers league where let's be honest it's just,ajax,psv and feynoord.
    On to Broughton.
    He has made a few good signings but with szmodics and brittain we paid 3.5 million for both,so I would expect to get 2 league one players for that.
    Morton was a deal where we have had our hands tied in and Broughton would of been part of those negotiations.
    Hyam,very recent form aside is a positive.
    He has been overlooking promising youngsters signing long term contracts so also a positive.
    The o brien deal was a shambles.
    Forest played a part but it was done half arsed and meant we lost out on someone who would of made a massive difference to our season.
    Jury is out on Broughton,some positives some not so.
    I believe champs and don't take this the wrong way,that nobody can criticise the club bar you.
    You have been critical recently and I cannot really disagree with what you said except its quite harsh.
    I have been critical in my above message to be greeted with a disagreement.
    Basically it's just me and you as rovers supporters on here,so maybe we should look to why we feel that way towards the team rather than,you shouldn't think like that because....

Excuse me champs but have you not gone all in with the attack on the team recently?
    I am happy with where we are currently as we are punching above our weight and I believe JDT is doing a good job.
    A few strange decisions but on the whole pretty good.
    I cannot see him leaving yet,as one good season in Norway and a incomplete season that looks promising so far does not warrant a clamour of clubs wanting his signature.
    Yes feynoord are a better club in terms of in Europe and better run.
    Not a better league though
    Dutch league is a farmers league where let's be honest it's just,ajax,psv and feynoord.
    On to Broughton.
    He has made a few good signings but with szmodics and brittain we paid 3.5 million for both,so I would expect to get 2 league one players for that.
    Morton was a deal where we have had our hands tied in and Broughton would of been part of those negotiations.
    Hyam,very recent form aside is a positive.
    He has been overlooking promising youngsters signing long term contracts so also a positive.
    The o brien deal was a shambles.
    Forest played a part but it was done half arsed and meant we lost out on someone who would of made a massive difference to our season.
    Jury is out on Broughton,some positives some not so.
    I believe champs and don't take this the wrong way,that nobody can criticise the club bar you.
    You have been critical recently and I cannot really disagree with what you said except its quite harsh.
    I have been critical in my above message to be greeted with a disagreement.
    Basically it's just me and you as rovers supporters on here,so maybe we should look to why we feel that way towards the team rather than,you shouldn't think like that because....
    Fair enough. I just got the feeling you weren't overally happy over the season.
    lets see if they can get back on track, you simply can't predict how the results will go. Norwich have basically thrown it away for themselves. But yet they managed to beat us at home? Which made things so more difficult for us. We have to get at least 4 points from Hull & Cov at home. As it could well be that we have to make sure we don't lose to PNE. But they could lose 2 in a row and fall away. who knows. They could win 2 and be above us going in to that game. I still then think they would need to get at least 4/6 points from the final 3 games vrs Burnley, Luton & Millwall to be sure of getting in the play offs. Alot of these teams, like us, play one another so will all take points from each other. I actually prefer a hard run in than a supposed easy one, I never fancy us in those games. Not that many games left but definitely lots more twists & turns.
    We need to beat Hull tomorrow. Play like we did vrs Hudds and I think our luck will change and we will thump them.

I can see us getting 7 to 9 points in the last few games.
    9 will see us squeeze in but any less won't be enough.
    I am happy champs providing we don't completely collapse and end up dropping to mid table.
    We are in the hunt...don't give up now.

Looking at the final games,I can see 6 points.
    That won't be enough.
    In those 6 points I predict draws against Coventry,Luton and millwall.
    Turn them into wins and its a different story.
    Fine margins in this league.

I can see us getting 7 to 9 points in the last few games.
    9 will see us squeeze in but any less won't be enough.
    I am happy champs providing we don't completely collapse and end up dropping to mid table.
    We are in the hunt...don't give up now.
    If we let PNE get in above us it will be a disgrace. We looked to be running into poor form at the wrong time. But after they got robbed at Hudds after playing well and so many results going our way I felt possibly we maybe turning the corner. If play well again I'm sure the luck will change. Trouble is we just don't know who will turn up tonight in a big game for us.

Tonight is a must win and unfortunately when that happens inevitably we lose.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)