+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Romared Match Thoughts Barnsley v Oxford United

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    Job done.
    My main worry is that a pattern is developing over the last few games where the subs have created nothing to change/affect game.
    Cundy for me is not yet fit enough to be involved in my opinion and he needs to make way for someone else on the bench.

Here are the scheduled play-off semi-final dates in the EFL Div One.

Friday, May 12: League One play-off semi A 1st leg 6 v 3 (2000).
    Saturday, May 13: League One play-off semi B 1st leg 5 v 4 (1500).

Saturday, May 20: League One play-off semi A 2nd leg 3 v 6 (1230).
    Saturday, May 20: League One play-off semi B 2nd leg 4 v 5 (1500).

Wembley:
    Monday, May 29: League One play-off final. (3pm).
    There could be some doubt about the semi finals on this list Poggs. I shouldn't book travel/ hotels/ days off work etc until dates are confirmed by EFL and the paymasters Sky TV.
    On the other hand it could be 100% correct.

I get married on the afternoon of the 12th of May , as ever this will go on well in to the night with the wedding and night do's .

Hopefully we get a Saturday slot , I suspect myself suited and booted joining the other guests for Sky coverage during the night do may well lead to the shortish marriage in UK history , about 6 hours .

A deserved win in the end, but we've also had to rely on Isted keeping them out.
    And 2 goals for Teddy, who some of us were having a go at on here. Maybe hes been reading this board and wanted to prove us wrong lol.
    I hope they/Oxford stay up because there are some far worse teams around than them. But its so annoying when we've won again, and still haven't gained any ground at the top.
    I think if we ever really did have chance of the top two, it ended at Burton on easter good Friday!. 😩

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    A deserved win in the end, but we've also had to rely on Isted keeping them out.
    And 2 goals for Teddy, who some of us were having a go at on here. Maybe hes been reading this board and wanted to prove us wrong lol.
    I hope they/Oxford stay up because there are some far worse teams around than them. But its so annoying when we've won again, and still haven't gained any ground at the top.
    I think if we ever really did have chance of the top two, it ended at Burton on easter good Friday!. 😩
    One last throw of the dice Tuesday night Acido .

Double six does sometimes come in .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I get married on the afternoon of the 12th of May , as ever this will go on well in to the night with the wedding and night do's .

Hopefully we get a Saturday slot , I suspect myself suited and booted joining the other guests for Sky coverage during the night do may well lead to the shortish marriage in UK history , about 6 hours .
    We’re flying to Morocco the night of the 12th. Will be in the air when the match is on if it’s the Friday slot. I’m hoping for Saturday too.
    Listened to the Walsall semi from Marrakech too…. hope that’s an Omen!

play like that against Town and we will get a beating we look very fragile in defence.

Quote Originally Posted by yorkshireborn View Post
    play like that against Town and we will get a beating we look very fragile in defence.
    The defence has ridden its luck at times this season it has to be said. However, there's only 3 teams with a better goals conceded column than ourselves which deserves big credit.

We look a little suspect on defending crosses imo. That's what I shyte myself on when watching us. We're a bit susceptible in that respect. We've conceded a fair few where a player has had a free header and got in between the 3 center aifs.

Quote Originally Posted by yorkshireborn View Post
    I am not sure you & I were at the same game yesterday , looking very fragile at the back ? , surely during any game lasting 90 minutes the opposition are going to have opportunities but once again we kept a clean sheet with Isted only having to make two saves of any note & one of them was from a free kick .

I thought there was always the possible danger of us having our minds on something else, and the fact that Oxford really do need the points to stay up.
    So it doesn't surprise me that our keeper was tested like that. Two very neatly taken goals by Teddy, I didn't think he had it in him lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    I am not sure you & I were at the same game yesterday , looking very fragile at the back ? , surely during any game lasting 90 minutes the opposition are going to have opportunities but once again we kept a clean sheet with Isted only having to make two saves of any note & one of them was from a free kick .
    Better quality teams will take those opportunities though Shadrack. Wildshut also missed a sitter later in the 2nd aif in acres of space at the back post.

I credit the defence for making so many clean sheets this season but let's face it, the strikers in this division aren't nowhere near as clinical as the ones in the championship and on numerous occasions have let us off the hook.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast