+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Should all aliens arriving in small space ships be sent to Rwanda?

Should all aliens arriving in small space ships be sent to Rwanda?

­

Not safe for refugees I read somewhere today / yesterday 6EQ from someone in Rwanda … can’t remember if it was on line or the news tbh..

Quote Originally Posted by 6EQUJ5 View Post
    ­
    Probably best to kill them as soon as they land and then find out if they come in peace or not

Did you see that rocket that blew up earlier in the week 6EQ? It exploded practically straight away yet they was claiming it to be a success,how much does a rocket cost to build and take off,it's got to be a major setback surely despite the playing down of the situation

Elon Musk's SpaceX seems to have the attitude that rather than meticulously develop something over a couple of years why not do it in 6 months, try it out and learn from whatever goes wrong. Overall it seems to work. SpaceX is in some respects doing better than NASA, especially in terms of creating re-useable rockets that come back down to land on a barge. That is a serious money saver that NASA has yet to do.

There ain't gonna much to reuse from the last rocket though so maybe it's best to go one step at a time,how many rockets do you have to build before you get it right,how long does it take to build a rocket from scratch,who's going to be daft enough to go in the manned rocket first,can a rocket be built big enough to hold Elon Musks ego?

Let's be clear what a rocket is. Several rockets are attached to the space craft in order to do the difficult task of getting
    it off the launch pad and travelling at a good speed to get it clear of Earth's gravity. When sufficient speed has been achieved
    these rockets are detached and they fall to Earth. SpaceX have perfected the task of them coming down to wherever they want and
    doing a soft landing, often on a barge. So these rockets can be refurbished and used again. This is a money saver that NASA has
    not yet done.

NASA largely does not build space ships from scratch. It designs them and contracts out the sourcing of the parts. NASA assembles these parts to make the ship. Until SpaceX existed the various suppliers to NASA absolutely ripped them off. Spacex became a supplier and charged NASA a third of what it had been paying the others. I do not not think that SpaceX is so cavalier in what it supplies to NASA as it is on its own account.

For years NASA has not had a craft capable of taking astronauts to the space station. It is a collaboration with the Russians also getting people there. The Russians have had the NASA contract to get all the astronauts to and from the space station. But in a couple of years the Russians will have built their own space station so they are gradually pulling out of getting all the astronauts to the NASA space station. SpaceX is doing some of these journeys to get all astronauts there and to bring back those who have been there for a while. There have been no problems with these SpaceX missions to the space station and back. There have been no problems with anything that SpaceX has supplied to NASA to build their own space craft.

On its own work on its own craft Spacex can take risks but anything supplied to NASA has to be well proven to work including those complete ships that take folk to / from the space station.

I applaud SpaceX, those folk are innovators and pioneers who take risks on their own account, though not with either the service or the parts that they supply to NASA.

All astronauts know that they are taking risks and in the race to Mars I expect that there will be tragedies. NASA expects to land a crewed craft on the Moon within 3 years. That may be tragic. The Chinese, Indians, Russians and Americans all aim to be the first to put a human being on Mars. Even the European Space Agency is going to grow into something significant.

Whilst I may not be totally enthused about Elon Musk's Twitter and Tesla I do admire his SpaceX. It is all his financial risk, it is innovative and it is a fundamentally pioneering effort which I regard as very positive. Musk himself has said that he would like to die on Mars, though not on impact.

I find it interesting that SpaceX is providing the 'taxi' service for NASA to get astronauts to / from the space station and also supplying
    NASA with the fundamentals to build its own space ships, but also SpaceX will be a competitor with NASA and various others to get the first human being onto the surface of Mars.

Quote Originally Posted by 6EQUJ5 View Post
    Musk himself has said that he would like to die on Mars, though not on impact.

That properly made me laugh 6EQ 😂

I like your posts on space,they are always informative and interesting to read so thanks for ths

I always sleep soundly at night knowing that Steve Zodiac and Fireball XL5 are patrolling space at night against any aliens landing here trying to claim welfare benefits

If they really wanted to stop them,the French and the British armies or police would patrol night and day then slash every dinghy till they get sick and tired of losing boats and money.They would get the message eventually job done,of course if you were the French would you want them to look after,no sir let a some through and take the money for the rest of them seems the thing to do and its working.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)