+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Tony Watt

Tony Watt

With him still being contracted to United for a while, would any fans be happy with him coming back to work under Goodwin? I can see us terminating his contract and letting him stay at St Mirren..but that would mean a drop in wages for him. He is the kind of lad that I could see rry and go to Wreham so he can get his picture taken with Ryan Reynolds. So the question is...would you take him back under Goodwin or let him leave for free? (Genuinely can't see anyone offering a transfer fee for him, possibly get a swap deal for a St Mirren kid)

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    With him still being contracted to United for a while, would any fans be happy with him coming back to work under Goodwin? I can see us terminating his contract and letting him stay at St Mirren..but that would mean a drop in wages for him. He is the kind of lad that I could see rry and go to Wreham so he can get his picture taken with Ryan Reynolds. So the question is...would you take him back under Goodwin or let him leave for free? (Genuinely can't see anyone offering a transfer fee for him, possibly get a swap deal for a St Mirren kid)
    Nope don't want him back, too much ego and I'd rather we brought in 2 or three good young hungry players that would probably equal his wages between them

Get rid.

I’m going to buck the trend.

I have no idea what is going on behind the scenes so the club have that advantage.

Based on his playing perfomances there is no reason to let him go for free

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    I’m going to buck the trend.

I have no idea what is going on behind the scenes so the club have that advantage.

Based on his playing perfomances there is no reason to let him go for free
    Getting him off the wage bill is a bloody good reason

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Get rid.
    This ^
    And if we can get 20k and a set of tracksuits even better

I'd leave it to the manager who I hope is Goodwin. Too many cooks at United recently so we need to go back to basics with a manager ultimately in charge with who and what he wants and needs. In that scenario maybe we would see a different Watt.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Nope don't want him back, too much ego and I'd rather we brought in 2 or three good young hungry players that would probably equal his wages between them
    This

He's on his 14th club in 14 years. He's played for half of the clubs in the Premiership. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the boy has a problem. Not a single manager of any of these clubs has been able to tie him down long term. I didn't want him signed and I don't want us to keep him. He's lazy, unfit and has a serious attitude problem.

I think there is also the problem of him being tied to us until 2025! For us to get rid, we will need a buyer and someone to pay a transfer fee! I can't see too many people willing to put their hand in their pocket. The next option would be for the club and TW to agree to rip up his contract and he moves for free. I think that he is enough of a pr^ck to want to cause us as much financial damage as possible and would knock back any club offering money. I would also think that Goodwin could get a tune out of him...but my preference would be for him to go to St Mirren and we could get a swap deal. There must be some young talent at that club!

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)