+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ot, New surface

Completely agree about Gazza. None of the Queens fans knew anything about him that night, - although I was told by visiting Newcastle fans that he was amazing. When he came on, - he was electric!

Quote Originally Posted by Only Team in The Bible View Post
    Also at Hampden around the same time, Kenny Dalgliesh didn't often hit the heights of his club career playing for Scotland, but I saw him playing with Steve Archibald at Hampden against Portugal in a 4-1 win for Scotland and if we'd played to his (and Archibald's) strengths all the time, we wouldn't have been a bad side!
    Quoting myself, I looked up more information on this match. Turns out I was wrong, Archibald actually replaced Dalgliesh, but I still remember them both playing really well. What a team, and only 20,000 there to see it!

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/interna...hes/?mid=57480

Every area of Palmerston need’s investment spent on it. Still not sure how the mainstand passes it health & safety certificate each year.
    The toilets are an embarrassment with dirty urinals , broken door locks along with NO hot water.
    Let’s not mention the broken seats , the bird sh1t everywhere and the lack of a fresh coat of paint everywhere.
    Who’d take anyone near the place ffs.

I do completely concur that the place needs some major TLC, - but we need to be careful what we wish for. As you infer Aloreburn, - if the main stand is doubtful when it comes to its H&S certificate, then spending money on it would be wasteful.

I'm still of the opinion that if we get things right on the pitch and fans start coming back, - then we could spend on the extras.

However, - a major clean of the seats should be undertaken over the close season, - along with a lick of paint (several licks) and some basic plumbing. Was the plumbing not damaged a few seasons ago, - by some over exuberant Hibs fans?

Signs of work finally getting started with a van on the pitch this morning and workmen sectioning off part of the car park for deliveries.

Although I hate these plastic pitches I’m looking forward to seeing what this new one is like. Read they’ve now put netting on the roofs on the stands!?? but unless netting is put underneath it also then you’ll still get pigeons etc nesting and covering the seats in sh1t

Negative, negative, negative.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_dumfries View Post
    Although I hate these plastic pitches I’m looking forward to seeing what this new one is like. Read they’ve now put netting on the roofs on the stands!?? but unless netting is put underneath it also then you’ll still get pigeons etc nesting and covering the seats in sh1t
    The new pitch looked fine on Border TV's pre - season clip last night so looking forward to seeing it in reality.

Chance to see it this Sunday during the Palmerston Park tidy up from 10am - 2pm.
    Help required from as many supporters as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_dumfries View Post
    Chance to see it this Sunday during the Palmerston Park tidy up from 10am - 2pm.
    Help required from as many supporters as possible.
    Well done to the volunteer fans who turned out for the Palmy clean up on Sunday. The area behind the charity food place was a particular eyesore and has been really well tidied up

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)