+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Keegan, sir Bobby, then Now!!!!!

Keegan, sir Bobby, then Now!!!!!

I lived and breathed the last 2 times we almost made it, then the sock seller came in and dismantled it all.

This we are witnessing now, is looking as good as the previous 2 almost era's and potentially better.

We cannot let expectations spoil it this time, the over reaction when we lose, and occasionally some.of the bile spouted when we draw, is ridiculous.

Now is the time to enjoy the ride, trust the process and thank the footballing gods that Eddie Howe is with us....

This is still just the beginning.

Agreed. This a joyous time, but I cringe when I see what certain fans post on various social media platforms and their already sky high expectations and demands. A pinch of salt, I know, but there's a pattern forming and certain groups of people seem to have very short memories...

Happy days, we're doing great!

I think the KK era was the best as it was the first real success that most of us had seen in our life time.

What’s happening now is fantastic. The fact that there’s a plan in place and that plan involves the city, not just the club, makes it special.

Mick’ s right though. No team plays well every game and no team always wins (how sh*t football would be if one did?). I have seen this team turn a game on its head (Brentford away), bounce back from a terrible performance in emphatic style and dismantle a big 6 team in 20 minutes, all in the space of a couple of weeks. That’ll do me for the season.

Well said Mick.

Some on social media were shocking after the Villa defeat - all of the starting 11 should be sold as they are all ****e etc.

Aye, great points, Mick.

For me, the KK years will be hard to replace as my favourite time supporting us. I know we won nowt but, for anyone who was there, it was a special time and that was all down to the man himself.

Howe and Robson are up there but KK's the man for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Aye, great points, Mick.

For me, the KK years will be hard to replace as my favourite time supporting us. I know we won nowt but, for anyone who was there, it was a special time and that was all down to the man himself.

Howe and Robson are up there but KK's the man for me.
    K.K. seems to be a bit responsible from time to time for a bit of advice and it's good that he's still around as a supporter and team and lover of the club, to enjoy the recent success. It's a pity Sir Bobby wasn't still with us to enjoy it all.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)