+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are Tottenham finished as a top club

Talking Are Tottenham finished as a top club

It really does not look good for them at all,

Managerless,
    took a battering from us,
    players didnt look interested,
    clueless tactics,
    fans are starting to turn on Levy again.
    i BILLION pounds in debt
    Kane in last year of contract

They will be lucky to get into the europa conference league, they have some hard games coming up against teams around them got Man Utd, Liverpool, Villa, Brentford coming up.

We are 6 points ahead and a game in hand
    Man Yoo are 6 points ahead and 2 games in hand
    Villa are 1 point behind
    Liverpool are 3 points behind with a game in hand
    Brighton have 3 games in hand on them and only 4 points behind them

If spurs dont get into europe this season, i genuinely think their time of competing at the top is over, in reality they have always been "also rans" never close to winning the title

They will have to sell Kane this summer or he leaves for nothing, Son will no doubt go too. They cant replace their quality without CL football and with the massive debt that hangs over them, it will take a takeover to sort them out.

i really can see them finishing 8th this season, would be funny to see Jason Cund(t)y and Jamie o hara and Jenas squirm when their beloved spuds slide down the table. Next season is going to be brilliant and tight at the top
    City will improve, Chelsea and Liverpool will be in the mix again you would expect, Arsenal and Newcastle along with Man Utd all going for top 4 as well Tottenham done even have the money to buy new players.

I heard a stat the other day that spurs sold Trippier for 20 million and they have spent over 125 million on right backs and still not replaced him

Well, they do sit 5th which is quite incredible considering the turmoil at the club.

They need to reinvent themselves completely next season, that's for sure.

Nothing will change until levy gets the boot and they get new owners.

i'm baffled as to why people have Daniel Levy as a good business man, He is atrocious, under his stewardship, he has taken them from a lower revenue than we had when Ashley took over, to becoming an established top 6 side who have won nothing still and are 1 billion in debt.

Without Kane's goals they would be mid table, they are financially a ticking timebomb, nee wonder he was trying to flog the club to PIF.

Quote Originally Posted by TANYA_ View Post
    i'm baffled as to why people have Daniel Levy as a good business man, He is atrocious, under his stewardship, he has taken them from a lower revenue than we had when Ashley took over, to becoming an established top 6 side who have won nothing still and are 1 billion in debt.

Without Kane's goals they would be mid table, they are financially a ticking timebomb, nee wonder he was trying to flog the club to PIF.
    Finished as a top club? Where they ever really a top club? Probably for a short while. However football is cyclical, Liverpool were no where for a long time. I dislike Levy for his hand in trying to block the PiF takeover of NUFC and I will never forgive or forget him for that.

However as a businessman he's pretty damn good.

They got top dollar for Bale and spent well, built a quality squad with Poch & managed to lose to Leicester blowing their only real shot of winning the league. The have developed their shocking crumbling old stadium into a state of the art multi-purpose facility which, in time will return huge revenue streams.

They've played CL football consistently since the Bale money. They had a misstep with Nuno Espírito Santo who was brought in by the Fruad Paratici fella. Levy took away that responsibility and rectified the situation rapidly by bringing in Jose Mourinho. Regardless of your personal feelings Jose is a serial winner and a real big shot manager. However Tottenham is the only job he has held were he won absolutely nothing. Says more about the club & players than the Chairman & manager.

Then he goes all out and signs Conte. Yet another top shelf elite level manager. What goes on politically behind the scenes came to light in Contes honest public comments. Apparently the players can go moan to the board about the manager, compromising his authority and undermining his position as the manager.

On this part, if true, I accept Levy is in the wrong. However to say he's not commercially savy, gets the best deals for his players is a bit much!

"While Spurs' net debt has reduced to £ 626 million, the football debt, which is a UEFA calculation based on cash, borrowings and net transfer fees owed to other parties, was £ 952 million. Only Chelsea, with their £ 1.5 billion owed to then-owner Roman Abramovich, had a higher figure in 2021-22"

The problem is that most people thing that Debt is a bad thing. If you speak to high wealth individuals, 100+$ millionaires & Billionaires as I do on a regular basis debt is a tool, borrowing money is a far safer option that spending your own money. I'm only a problem when the debt can not be services. Also massive corporate banks and hedge funds want you to be in debt so they can make interest off your loans. That's why the Glazers for example will never be subject to a hostile take over at Man U. The party attempting the take over would have to pay the debt & also the fines for early repayment. This would mean the cost is prohibitive.

Joe Lewis/Net worth 6 billion USD - They will have borrowed the club debt against money invested, it's why the rich are rich.

Levy has taken an 'also ran', bang average mid table Prem team and made them the plastic member of the Fraud 6. He's leveraged their location and commercial assets to give them the ability to attract quality players and managers.

I'd say that the Chairman of Spurs has done his job very well. I recommend you guys check out 'https://priceoffootball.com/podcast/' - every single financial angle of clubs from the national league to UCL & FIFA are covered. It's bang on!

The Director of football, players and the curse of spurs has led to the slump we currently see. However they're 5th FFS not fighting relegation!

What are talking about here? I mean Ashley made us financially frugal but on the pitch we were humiliating! Levy has spent well just hasn't worked out.

Had the people he brought in done their jobs properly then they'd have a couple of titles and some silverware in the cabinet.

I find it funny that their fans believe their hype, they aren't a big team, they just got invited to the 'cool kids' table for a while, they, like Leicester, were flavour of the month.

We should look at them as a lesson and enjoy laughing at their demise.

However there is more at play then saying that Levy is at fault.
    Last edited by Ragatino; 24-04-2023 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragatino View Post
    Finished as a top club? Where they ever really a top club? Probably for a short while. However football is cyclical, Liverpool were no where for a long time. I dislike Levy for his hand in trying to block the PiF takeover of NUFC and I will never forgive or forget him for that.

However as a businessman he's pretty damn good.

They got top dollar for Bale and spent well, built a quality squad with Poch & managed to lose to Leicester blowing their only real shot of winning the league. The have developed their shocking crumbling old stadium into a state of the art multi-purpose facility which, in time will return huge revenue streams.

They've played CL football consistently since the Bale money. They had a misstep with Nuno Espírito Santo who was brought in by the Fruad Paratici fella. Levy took away that responsibility and rectified the situation rapidly by bringing in Jose Mourinho. Regardless of your personal feelings Jose is a serial winner and a real big shot manager. However Tottenham is the only job he has held were he won absolutely nothing. Says more about the club & players than the Chairman & manager.

Then he goes all out and signs Conte. Yet another top shelf elite level manager. What goes on politically behind the scenes came to light in Contes honest public comments. Apparently the players can go moan to the board about the manager, compromising his authority and undermining his position as the manager.

On this part, if true, I accept Levy is in the wrong. However to say he's not commercially savy, gets the best deals for his players is a bit much!

"While Spurs' net debt has reduced to £ 626 million, the football debt, which is a UEFA calculation based on cash, borrowings and net transfer fees owed to other parties, was £ 952 million. Only Chelsea, with their £ 1.5 billion owed to then-owner Roman Abramovich, had a higher figure in 2021-22"

The problem is that most people thing that Debt is a bad thing. If you speak to high wealth individuals, 100+$ millionaires & Billionaires as I do on a regular basis debt is a tool, borrowing money is a far safer option that spending your own money. I'm only a problem when the debt can not be services. Also massive corporate banks and hedge funds want you to be in debt so they can make interest off your loans. That's why the Glazers for example will never be subject to a hostile take over at Man U. The party attempting the take over would have to pay the debt & also the fines for early repayment. This would mean the cost is prohibitive.

Joe Lewis/Net worth 6 billion USD - They will have borrowed the club debt against money invested, it's why the rich are rich.

Levy has taken an 'also ran', bang average mid table Prem team and made them the plastic member of the Fraud 6. He's leveraged their location and commercial assets to give them the ability to attract quality players and managers.

I'd say that the Chairman of Spurs has done his job very well. I recommend you guys check out 'https://priceoffootball.com/podcast/' - every single financial angle of clubs from the national league to UCL & FIFA are covered. It's bang on!

The Director of football, players and the curse of spurs has led to the slump we currently see. However they're 5th FFS not fighting relegation!

What are talking about here? I mean Ashley made us financially frugal but on the pitch we were humiliating! Levy has spent well just hasn't worked out.

Had the people he brought in done their jobs properly then they'd have a couple of titles and some silverware in the cabinet.

I find it funny that their fans believe their hype, they aren't a big team, they just got invited to the 'cool kids' table for a while, they, like Leicester, were flavour of the month.

We should look at them as a lesson and enjoy laughing at their demise.

However there is more at play then saying that Levy is at fault.
    after all that, I really dont think i can agree with any of your points regarding Levy's business acumen.

They have not developed anything at all, its all been done on tick, borrowed money, someone else's dollar.

New state of the art stadium on loans?

Regardless of what deals he has done, he has sold that club's entire existence on the flip of a coin.

1 season without Champions league will be devastating for them, 2 years of it and its game over, financial ruin.

Tottenham are 1 BILLION pounds in debt, that is not good business management at all, we used to call it a

"furr coat no knickers" job , It all looks great and flash on the surface but underneath, there's nothing there.

Bale was sold like a decade ago and they still have nothing to show for it.

Getting short term "success" in return for everlasting financial russian roulette is not how any top business is run.

I see Levy as a much better version, but still a version, of Ashley in that he is purely a money man with no football acumen.
    Spurs need to appoint football people in key positions in the club, develop a plan. The ethos of the club needs to change and this cannot be addressed/solved by a manager only.
    I think they have the base of a very good team but they are a long way from realizing one.

Acting head coached sacked as well now

I certainly hope so, it’s a shambles - sacked Poch, who’s now confirmed at Chelsea.
    Levy has screwed up.

Quote Originally Posted by alfienoakes View Post
    I certainly hope so, it’s a shambles - sacked Poch, who’s now confirmed at Chelsea.
    Levy has screwed up.
    Oh bugger! Didn’t know that, wish he’d stayed on the dole!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)