+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Grimsby

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Must admit I'm losing patience with him. Been poor since his last suspension. He's always had a tendency to make his body shape face back towards the goalie but there used to be variety and other aspects of his defending were the strengths in his favour. But he seems to have lost a lot of his advantages.
    A change of scene will do him good.
    You may well be right about a change of scene doing him good. To be fair to him he has not become a poor player. Just a player not in the best of form. Saving tackle at the end last night was very good. I thought that for the second half we were the better side comfortably and had we had some composure if front of goal we may well got a point if not all 3. I am not expecting a top 3 push next season but I do expect us to be better than we have been this season

And as for Long, the only time he burst into action was when he was substituted. Couldn't get off the pitch quick enough.

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    And as for Long, the only time he burst into action was when he was substituted. Couldn't get off the pitch quick enough.
    Sorry, I disagree there. He looked sharp in that second half. Thought he played well as did CBR when he came on.

Be interesting to see who LB leaves out for Saturday...... will tell us all I think!!

I did think the most exciting bit of the game was when Long seized the ball and charged forward into space before laying it off to Agyei who didn't finish. He looked very capable. However, it's true that he made no eye contact with Bell when substituted and virtually ran down the tunnel at the final whistle. He clearly looks like he's finished with the club.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    I did think the most exciting bit of the game was when Long seized the ball and charged forward into space before laying it off to Agyei who didn't finish. He looked very capable. However, it's true that he made no eye contact with Bell when substituted and virtually ran down the tunnel at the final whistle. He clearly looks like he's finished with the club.
    If he is not engaging with the manager then I wouldn't play him. It is a lack of respect particularly as the club and therefore the manager will have been supporting him getting fit again. We certainly have not had value for money. Shame because he is a good player

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    If he is not engaging with the manager then I wouldn't play him. It is a lack of respect particularly as the club and therefore the manager will have been supporting him getting fit again. We certainly have not had value for money. Shame because he is a good player
    Agree 100% with this.

I can think of reasons why he may have fallen out, but that is no excuse.

Come on Connor (aka Jamie), show us what you can do !!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123