+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T Town Red lion pub (yard)

O/T Town Red lion pub (yard)

Can’t remember last time I went, get put off by certain cretins that used it but again it’s under new management and had a revamp

Anyone been?

Yep about 20yrs a go .Seriously towns dead it’s scruffy full of alcohos ,druggies & Romas.

I Don't like dissing my town but it is dire,I live in Barnsley, and the town centre is like Monte Carlo in comparison.

The fire at the Red Lion spread to Rhino's Wetherspoons pub & the gym above Rhino's,
    so they both got burnt down.
    A bloke said the Rhino's & gym was a inside job, when i told him the fire spread from
    the Red Lion, he soon shut his gob.

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    I Don't like dissing my town but it is dire,I live in Barnsley, and the town centre is like Monte Carlo in comparison.
    Same here and couldnt agree more. Its a shame because Rotherham used to be a lovely town. Suppose in some ways we are all guilty as we don't frequent the place. I know people mention the druggies, alcos etc but tbh Barnsley Town Centre has more than its fair share, more than Rotherham but it doesn't put the people of Barnsley off, they still frequent the town centre in very large numbers. Fact is its us Rotherham folk don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    The fire at the Red Lion spread to Rhino's Wetherspoons pub & the gym above Rhino's,
    so they both got burnt down.
    A bloke said the Rhino's & gym was a inside job, when i told him the fire spread from
    the Red Lion, he soon shut his gob.
    How did the fire a the Red Lion managed to miss the cafe & shops nearer the the red lion than Rhinos.

Barnsley did something with its town centre that makes people want to visit. Rotherham has done nothing. Burnt out buildings. Boarded up shops the place is an eyesore. How long is the Pocket Park going to take to finish. Must be 2 years overdue and nobody is seen working in it.

I feel for the businesses, yes the town is starting to be done up but if they don’t clean certain people up and get at least 12 hrs police/pco (pco still a thing?) on the beat then I think they just might be wasting money

Quote Originally Posted by crookadile View Post
    Barnsley did something with its town centre that makes people want to visit. Rotherham has done nothing. Burnt out buildings. Boarded up shops the place is an eyesore. How long is the Pocket Park going to take to finish. Must be 2 years overdue and nobody is seen working in it.
    There is a big crane in the town centre now.

Quote Originally Posted by crookadile View Post
    Unfortunately we keep voting in clowns and so they have no vision to improve the town centre, they can build new council offices every few years though.

As we see with the SNP , governments and councils of any party should be voted out after being in power for long periods, to keep them honest and fresh to the new challenges IMHO

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast