+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Try again- the final games and who has who.

Try again- the final games and who has who.

After the roaring success of my last attempt where i NAIVELY thought we weren't quite as **** as we've proven to be and Bournemouth have somehow basically guaranteed safety, I thought I'd post this again (mostly because it helps me see it without having to look at fixtures constantly!

16th- Leeds- 30 points
    Games Left: Bournemouth A, City A, Newcastle H, West Ham A, Spurs H (WLLWD- Heart) (LLLDL- Head)
    Final Points: 37 or 31

17th- Forest 30 points (I am assuming they will hold on last 5 minutes with 2 goal lead
    Games Left: Brentford A, Saints H, Chelsea A, Arsenal H, Palace A (LWDLD)
    Final Points: 35

18th- Leicester - 29 points
    Games Left: Everton H, Fulham A, Liverpool H, Newcastle A, West Ham H (DDLLW)
    Final Points: 34

19th- Everton - 28 points
    Games Left: Newcastle H, Leicester A, Brighton A, Man City H, Wolves A, Bournemouth H (LDLLDW)
    Final Points: 33

20th- Saints- 24 points
    Games Left: Bournemouth H, Newcastle A, Forest A, Fulham H, Brighton A, Liverpool H (WLLDLL)
    Final Points: 28

Table:

16th- Forest 35
    17th- Leicester 34
    18th- Everton 33
    19th- Leeds 31
    20th- Southampton 28

About right

I can only see one possible point if we get a lucky draw at Bournemouth. We are sh***. We were told by Middlesboro fans this would happen. It almost happened last season so in response to that wake-up-call we.....just carried on doing nothing differently!!! Does a Wooden Spoon" count as a trophy?

Quote Originally Posted by Oranje White View Post
    I can only see one possible point if we get a lucky draw at Bournemouth. We are sh***. We were told by Middlesboro fans this would happen. It almost happened last season so in response to that wake-up-call we.....just carried on doing nothing differently!!! Does a Wooden Spoon" count as a trophy?
    We can get points out of the Bournemouth, Spam and Spurs games - doesn’t mean we will.

Whilst the Leicester result was not great there were some positives from it - team just needs to be able to kick on from that.

Wober being fit and Sinisterra being fit could be key.

If we go down it should mean the end of Orta and Radz must surely sell up too. Fulham have shown you can bounce straight back as have Burnley

Imo, first 2 of those teams to win a game, will end up pulling clear. I don't think it will be us anymore, I have accepted relegation at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    We can get points out of the Bournemouth, Spam and Spurs games - doesn’t mean we will.

Whilst the Leicester result was not great there were some positives from it - team just needs to be able to kick on from that.

Wober being fit and Sinisterra being fit could be key.

If we go down it should mean the end of Orta and Radz must surely sell up too. Fulham have shown you can bounce straight back as have Burnley
    Can't see us getting anything from any of the remaining fixtures. We're just not "with it", the team selections are even more bizarre than we saw under Marsch and injuries to key players make it even less likely that we can put out our strongest side (whatever that means).

Still of the opinion that the others below us have at least as hard a path to survival, so relegation isn't certain.

Just have to see how it pans out and allow yourself to be pleasantly surprised.

If we can shore up midfield and the back four it gives us half a chance. We just need the right players up front selected but Bournemouth will also be feeling the pressure too.

Think we could get something out of the Spam and Spuds games which is different to saying we will.

V Man City can only hope he rests Haaland, de Bruyne, Grealish and Rodri - otherwise Haaland may get close to scoring more goals that the premier league record in one game.

Think we are done points wise.

Leicester was our chance. It's hard to score when you are standing 4 feet in front of the goal with no defender on you and the ball on your foot. I'd give him another 5 chances to play in the prem from us. why play Gnonto, Perkins, Gyabi or Gray when we've done so well with our current squad.

Bmouth- looking tidy and organized and at home. a solid loss to lead us into the last games.
    Citeh - playing to win league at home. Best we can hope for is mercy from Pep or the FA implementing a mercy rule
    Castle - flying high. A beating to further pick us up
    West Ham - out of danger and playing much looser. at home
    Tottenham- new coach that will trying to prove his ability for a job elsewhere so he'll sic the dogs on us.

solid way to end our stay in prem. Lets hope it doesn't take us 16 years to get back.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Just have to see how it pans out and allow yourself to be pleasantly surprised.

If we can shore up midfield and the back four it gives us half a chance. We just need the right players up front selected but Bournemouth will also be feeling the pressure too.

Think we could get something out of the Spam and Spuds games which is different to saying we will.

V Man City can only hope he rests Haaland, de Bruyne, Grealish and Rodri - otherwise Haaland may get close to scoring more goals that the premier league record in one game.
    Not sure City will be quite so accommodating!

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Not sure City will be quite so accommodating!
    I think if City rest Ederson, walker, Ake, Gundogan, Mahrez, Ghrealish, Haaland, Stones, Rodrigo, Bernardo Silva, de Bruyne we will probably get away with a 2-0 loss.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)