+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Summer Holiday 2023

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Probably.

I'd rather go to Slovenia but of course it's in the opposite direction.

We used to live in a cottage which had one of Dracula's castles* in our back garden.
    So might be nice to visit Vlad's original.

* Many claims to fame I know, this one stems from Bram Stoker visiting a lot and describing the view across the gardens towards the sea in his famous book.

The castle in question.
    Did a Romania trip a few years back, taking in the obligatory 'dracula's castle' tour. Really interesting place, from the stark communist architecture of Bucharest contrasting with its grand past, to the medieval places like Brasov and Sighisoara. Definitely worth a visit.

Quote Originally Posted by WhenTattieFlooredChas View Post
    We're going Venice to Lake Garda, then on to Florence. We have been debating whether to jump off for a few hours in Verona in one direction. Worth the stop then? Think we will factor in a poke about and some lunch on the way to Garda
    Definitely worth to stop.

A few lovely squares where you can eat but you probably won't go much further than the roman amphitheater.

Gorgeous town and a great size for wandering around.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Definitely worth to stop.

A few lovely squares where you can eat but you probably won't go much further than the roman amphitheater.

Gorgeous town and a great size for wandering around.
    Great, thanks. We can't pass through and not stop. Will be back with my thoughts in a few weeks 😁

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234