+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: sWINdon

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post

I'm glad Big Rod got the player of the season award- my two friends wanted to know who the lazy number 11 was!
    That is a tad harsh, Agyei does work hard. Gets through a lot of work, yesterday he had a very good second half. I think Baker Richardson barely had an attempt on goal and as he is under contract for another season I would hope that isn't a sign of things to come!

What angered me about Long yesterday was the challenge over on the far touchline was not only unnecessary, it was dangerous play and he deserved a red card for that. He was very lucky, or maybe we were lucky that we were bale to take him off. He needs a good long hard look at himself because he really didn't contribute yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    That is a tad harsh, Agyei does work hard. Gets through a lot of work, yesterday he had a very good second half. I think Baker Richardson barely had an attempt on goal and as he is under contract for another season I would hope that isn't a sign of things to come!

What angered me about Long yesterday was the challenge over on the far touchline was not only unnecessary, it was dangerous play and he deserved a red card for that. He was very lucky, or maybe we were lucky that we were bale to take him off. He needs a good long hard look at himself because he really didn't contribute yesterday!
    There were points yesterday where Agyei could be seen to be working hard but this season those instances have been few and far between. I have to accept that his goals and ever-presence have been positives for the season. However, he is a bit of a one-man show! He doesn't have much vision, is reactive rather than proactive (reminds me of Byron Moore a bit!) and has, on numerous occasions, failed to track his man. He is also incredibly selfish when it comes to play around the box. On numerous occasions he has chosen to shoot rather than play in a better placed team-mate. Of course, I have to balance that with the fact that he can be quite exciting when he is going forward with the ball at his feet.
    To sum up, I have to say that he could be a very good player if he could iron his deficiencies. However I suspect, in a years time, he'll be bench-warming at a club not very much more highly placed than the Alex.

Just want to give a special mention to the referee who was the worst we've had for a while. Which is saying something.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12