+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sWINdon

sWINdon

Really hope for Belly's sake that we can get all 3 points on Saturday.

As mentioned on the Grimsby thread - it will be very interesting to see the starting XI.

2-1 win - Nev 'not' to score (not) !!!

I'm bringing 2 'guests' to sample the Alex so I'm hoping all the players turn up and deliver a decent performance. Swindon are another team who have a pretty poor record over the last couple of months so I'm not holding out for an exciting game. However, have decided to be optimistic and go for 2-1 to the Alex.
    Is Holicek injured, by the way, as he's not even been on the bench recently?

I feel a bit like a few of the players appear to be and won't be fussed when the season is finished but I'll still be there. I think that O'Riordan will replace Offord and Long won't start as there is no real point with him. Booth to start in goal again definitely.
    I do think that we will rally again and win 1-0 or 2-1.
    Gazan I hope that your guests don't get bored and say that they would rather watch grass grow as that won't be happening either.

😅

I'm inclined to agree with Me4Crewe. Long has finished with us, as he Agyei in all likelihood. I'd go with CBR and Nevitt up front. They'll both be here next season and Nevitt desperately needs to break his duck.
    The noises suggest Rod will stay, so make him captain alongside Connor. Let Mellor go, age has caught up with him. Based on his current form and disciplinary record, good luck to Offord in getting a decent contract at a higher club.
    Booth in goal, but he is still going to be a number 2, so we need to bring in another. Beadle....no chance I would have thought.

Just need a complete midfield. Sounds weird that when you think of the times when we had midfielders coming out of every crack in the walls and desperately needed defenders.

Zacs back! Wonderful news.

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    Zacs back! Wonderful news.
    It was good to see Zak back on the pitch. And he did well.
    It has been quiet on here tonight but of course we have won! I guess there is not much to say after a victory!
    My take in the game is that we were second best overall today and we were not helped by losing Finney after 25 minutes, It seemed like Agyei was playing left wing back, not a position that suits him particularly well. Fortunately the experiment was short lived although the managers options were limited as he had no full backs on the bench.
    The goal we conceded was avoidable if someone had managed to challenge the guy with the ball as he burst through our midfield/defence. However, a deflected shot gave them a lead they looked like holding on to/
    The substitutions in the second half were very effective as all seemed to have a contribution to the goals we scored. Brook looked lively again when he came on and a lovely cross from Ainley to assist Tabiner with his goal. Ultimately, they will be wondering how they lost that game but lose it they did.
    With regard to Chris Long, I am disgusted by his attitude when substituted, and apparently this is not the first time! The manager should not play him again as it is clear he has no respect for the club, the manager and therefore the fans. He has had a shop window to showcase his ability to prospective clubs but anyone seeing that display of petulance and poor sportsmanship will think twice before signing him.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    It was good to see Zak back on the pitch. And he did well.
    It has been quiet on here tonight but of course we have won! I guess there is not much to say after a victory!
    My take in the game is that we were second best overall today and we were not helped by losing Finney after 25 minutes, It seemed like Agyei was playing left wing back, not a position that suits him particularly well. Fortunately the experiment was short lived although the managers options were limited as he had no full backs on the bench.
    The goal we conceded was avoidable if someone had managed to challenge the guy with the ball as he burst through our midfield/defence. However, a deflected shot gave them a lead they looked like holding on to/
    The substitutions in the second half were very effective as all seemed to have a contribution to the goals we scored. Brook looked lively again when he came on and a lovely cross from Ainley to assist Tabiner with his goal. Ultimately, they will be wondering how they lost that game but lose it they did.
    With regard to Chris Long, I am disgusted by his attitude when substituted, and apparently this is not the first time! The manager should not play him again as it is clear he has no respect for the club, the manager and therefore the fans. He has had a shop window to showcase his ability to prospective clubs but anyone seeing that display of petulance and poor sportsmanship will think twice before signing him.
    I saw Long completely blank Bell when he was taken off and despite the manager shouting him back continued to ignore him. Please don't play him again and confirms his departure. Good riddance after we have medically looked after him constantly for two seasons. Did he stay on the pitch at the end with the other players anybody, I didn't hang around for the "lap of honour" to find out?
    Williams could have replaced Finney as a straight swap but I guess they were thinking that 65 mins. or whatever it was left would have been too much for him on his return after so long out.

Yep, sulky Long can disappear now for all I care. I used to like his shoot-from-anywhere attitude but yesterday's display was very much a childish "I'll do what I want" performance.
    The match was very frustrating, again. Why can't we play like we did from 80 minutes onwards more often. There was purpose, intensity and pace. They kept it up and Swindon caved. You don't get that end result by passing back to your goalkeeper from the half-way line, you get it by continually recycling the ball forward so that the opposition defence feel under pressure.
    Good to see the Tabiner/Finnegan partnership working so well at times- shame Finnegan won't be here next season.
    I'm glad Big Rod got the player of the season award- my two friends wanted to know who the lazy number 11 was!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast