+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Cardiff City Post Match Thoughts

Odoffin & Kioso got to be better than Fosu & Quina. Harding our best player last night. Everytime I see Peltier on the team sheet we are weakened. Change it Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Odoffin & Kioso got to be better than Fosu & Quina. Harding our best player last night. Everytime I see Peltier on the team sheet we are weakened. Change it Monday.
    Yeah, the way he let his man get wrong side of him(yet again)was a joy to behold.And the way he fell to the ground was art at its finest.Pity it was a football match,and not swan lake.If Harding had not played at all this season, we would be safe.In fifty years of watching Rotherham, i cant think of a defender who has cost us points so regurlarly.Its gone too far to be even funny.

Is the air of inevitability regarding relegation paranoia due to past experiences or is it based on real time logic. 2 games to go and we haven't been in the bottom three all season.The irony of finding ourselves there for the first time on the final day doesn't bare thinking about.The only point I will make about last night is why Oddoffin,who was in favour and playing well up until recently,is sat in the stands when a visibly under cooked Ben Wiles gets a place on the bench.MT knew about Cardiff's physicality beforehand and one would have thought Oddoffin would be one player you would want to combat that.

I think the manager got it wrong last night that’s clear. I understand people’s frustrations however I’ve just checked the league table and we’re not down yet.
    Some more twists and turns to come.
    Enjoy the ride.

WERE NOT DOWN YET.

We could be effectively safe at 5pm on Saturday if Wigan win at Reading and they’ve got every incentive to do so.
    It starts tonight with Millwall avoid defeat away at Blackpool

Oh dear this does not make good reading
    Extract from the bbc sport website

Rotherham United are investigating "an incident of racist abuse on social media" following their 2-1 Championship home loss to Cardiff City on Thursday Cedric Kipre's late goal gave the visitors victory and it is thought the defender was one of those targeted, along with Cardiff coach Sol Bamba.

Cardiff City Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    Well we are down now, we don't win enough games, lowest in the division and we cant play out a game in the last 5 minutes, wasted 2 points in 2 games by that. The formation and team selection was wrong and the substitutions were unbelievable. You are not telling me that Rathbone couldn't do another 5 or 10 minutes and to put that total and utter waste of space Fosu on was terrible, he gave away the ball that led up to that goal by yet again too many touches. Why didn't fergie come on for experience and nounce how to play a game out and a player employed by the club who actually cares. MT has shown in that game he hasn't got a clue how to get a result when needed. We will be on the same points as reading and below Hudders when we play on Monday and if anyone thinks we will beat Boro you are living in cloud cuckooland. We never win away from home so zero chance of winning at Wigan, might get 1 point more. Going down from the position we have been in is a much bigger disaster than the last 3 relegations, remeber we had 14 points from 10 games when he joined, so he has got 32 points from 34 games, and at the end he looked totally and utterly bemused. 2 more hamstrings now, how many is that, god help us if Coventry is missing at least he puts in a shift.
    Now to the game, they deserved it they looked likely to score in that 2nd half, we created very little and looked like we were playing for a draw from the HT, no pattern to the play just a long ball and hope, Hugill movement when we have the ball is terrible, he is so static, he doesn't run into space, just waits for the ball in the air. We deserve to go down when you play a relegation rival, at home knowing you cannot lose and put in a performance that poor, the players look defeated and lack belief.
    Well we are down now, best get over to Betfair then, 6 -1 to be relegated.

Quote Originally Posted by shshsh22 View Post
    Yeah, the way he let his man get wrong side of him(yet again)was a joy to behold.And the way he fell to the ground was art at its finest.Pity it was a football match,and not swan lake.If Harding had not played at all this season, we would be safe.In fifty years of watching Rotherham, i cant think of a defender who has cost us points so regurlarly.Its gone too far to be even funny.
    I still can't decide if Wes had a good game or a poor game last night, which sounds ridiculous, but that's the sort of player he is. Yet again his ballet dancing cost us a goal, but going forward he looked a threat and up for it. It was a great cross for the goal.

On balance I think I have to agree, he will always have a rush of blood to the head in him, and I wouldn't be too sad to see him move on.

Good news Peltier Coventry have hamstring injuries. Can't work it out why Ferguson didn't get on. Was there just watched brief highlights yes Wes was at fault for their 1st goal but still was one of our better players last night.

Side for Monday: 4-3-3

Victor

Kioso Humphreys Wood Leo

Harding Odoffin Lindsay

Chieo Hugill Ferguson

Obviously my posts last night were an immediate reaction to what i had just witnessed, after a nights sleep and reflexation I can honestly say that i was letting them off lightly. I do appreciate that some people look at the world more positively and therefore see the fact we aren't in the bottom three yet, we have two games to go, that if wigan win we are basically safe , good for you being positive and I mean that I wish I could do that. May i ask though, are you really happy with the situation, the decisions of the manager and the way the team played?
    Yes we have had a few decent wins under MT, but do we ever look like we start a game trying to win? how many times has he had to make drastic in game changes to keep us in it? What do people see in his management and the team that makes you think we will win a game of football, because that is the objective?
    I listened to the interview again, if I was TS and heard that I would have him in the office and be having strong words. He didn't seem bothered at all, there was nothing casually talking about the Boro game as if we were favourites to win it. Openly admitting that the subs he made weakened the team, that we lacked quality. well Mr Manger 4 of those players that played last night were ones you recruited and another was on the bench. Using that as an excuse is a cop out, it is like saying "well we won't get results because i have the poor players" how is that motivational? We can debate the injuries and whether it is all bad luck or not, but leaving Odiffin out of the matchday squad is criminal, if he was at the game and not injured there is something wrong there. I am not saying he is a world beater, but he is big, strong, has a goal in him and he puts a shift in. Peltier has to go in the summer, he isn't a CB and when he plays everything he does is to recover a situation caused by being in the wrong place, and as for shaking hands with an opposition player in the middle of the game, unbelievable that stays until the end. What really concerns me is we don't have a way of playing, what is our approach? It seems to be put 11 blokes on and hope for the best. We have looked better with 4 at the back, but we take our best defender (on form) and play him out of position???? Now PW is no Pep but at least under him we had a system, a way of playing, not always the best but we had a Plan A, under MT we don't have a Plan A. This bloke has no experience at L1 level either, so what is going to change to make us a decent L1 side next year if we do go down? Remember we are stuck with Eaves and Hugill on long term expensive contracts add to that Washington and where are the goals going to come from? I really feel for TS he has done what he could, he backed the new manager (and the old 20 players this season) and at the moment we look like suffering a 4th relegation after the best Championship start we have had. My overall confidence in MT has dropped drastically over the last few weeks, perhaps it is premature, perhaps my analysis is wrong, I hope it is I really do.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast